1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me first year of highschool

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Arrinstone, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Arrinstone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys so, summer is coming to an end for me and I start school next week. Ive been having this problem for a while that I thought was just me being a little dramatic. As now days go by and soon I will be in high school I get this feeling that I should come out so that it doesn't have to haunt me through my high school years. On the hand how do people like me cope i bet there are going to be haters but will most people accept me for who I am. I want to ask my friend out to the welcome back dance coming up in a couple weeks but Im afraid people might not like that or even hate us. I don't want to regret something I didn't do and regret something I should've done. what do you guys think I should do high school going to be might worse nightmare if don't do something to fix this. Im open to all suggestions:icon_bigg

2. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say go for it! Start by coming out to people that you know well accept you that way you'll have a support group first then slowly tell a few more people. You don't have to tell everyone, I mean the word will get out quickly once you tell the right gossipers. This is the real you start living the way you want. I wish I could be in your position, people nowadays are so much more accepting than when I was your age and it's only going to get better. Just think it through and make sure you are ready to do it. If you're unsure about you don't have to. Good luck with it dude I wish you the best.

3. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wait for it, I'd say. Test the waters first, and try to get a feel for how accepting your high school is. Don't wait too long-- Like you said, you don't want to regret what you didn't do or try. Just make sure you know what you're stepping into, if you do decide to come out.

4. AAASAS

Do whatever you feel, I'd say it depends on where you are geographically and the laws/ attitudes.

California is huge and I know there could be homophobic parts and incredibly accepting ones.

If you think you can handle getting made fun of here and there then do it, coming out is something I always regret not doing earlier, it gets in your head and becomes a bigger deal than it actually is.

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should be safe to come out; just ignore the haters :slight_smile:

6. Goldensun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know if the school has any gay-friendly groups or anti bullying program? Maybe there's a sympathetic teacher or student counsellor who can support you. But if you really want to come out and take your friend to the dance, then why not. I think you're a brave young guy and wish you all the best and hope it all works out.