1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(UPDATE) Asking This Chick If She Likes Me.. Now I Feel Unsafe At Work.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BookWriter1994, Aug 24, 2016.

1. BookWriter1994

On my last thread I made I was talking about a co-worker who I thought likes me... So.. I finally got the courage to write her a note about it... Apparently she says that she's dating another co-worker named Jasmine and then when I told Jasmine congrats about it she was like" I don't like women and Destiny and I are not dating.." and then I was all "Oo okay lol" And then she goes "Destiny really like you.. She's playing hard to get." Now that message right there got me all excited and everything. That really made my whole night at work right? Until..

I asked her "Has she said anything to you about all of this?" and then I was telling her that I was confused because Destiny told me a different story and then I asked "I know that she's single now." And then Jasmine was like "Yea she is."

I was messaging her telling her that I was lost and confused about everything that was going on and I told her that Destiny is playing games with me and I really hate games. and then Jasmine goes "Yea she said that she likes you and that you have a big butt and she likes big booty girls.."

And then I asked her for help because I honestly thought that Destiny was playing games with me and then Jasmine told that she would talk to her or whatever and stuff like that.. And then I told her that Destiny wasn't talking to me anymore and Jasmine was asking if Destiny was mad and I told her that I have no freaking idea and I told Jasmine that I haven't told Destiny on what she said...

And then I talked to Destiny and she told ME to not believe what Jasmine was telling me because apparently it's not true or what not and Destiny said that she does in fact have a girlfriend.. And then I told Jasmine that I have no idea on who to believe anymore and then she goes.. "Yall need to talk. I don't want to hear about it anymore.."

And then later when I came home.. Destiny texted me saying that she's not interested in me I have a girlfriend blah blah and no I don't wanna be friends with you or anything and leave me alone!

And then the NEXT MORNING! Her freaking girlfriend messaged me yelling at me! She was like "Destiny is not single! She has been with me for two years and you're being very disrespectful to OUR REALTIONSHIP! and I got a problem with that! And stop talking to her and leave her alone! You've met me and seen me plenty of times!(Wish was true.. I did met and seen her a few times)"

I told Pookie that it was all Jasmine's fault for starting this and I even send Pookie the screen shots of all the messages from me and Jasmine.. And then she was like "Don't make me come up for a visit.." and then she was all the blame was on both me and Jasmine and then she was like yes what Jasmine did was wrong and then like she was like "It all started because you wrote her that she and Destiny was dating.. " And I was like well it was Destiny who told me that she it was her fault also..

And then I called Jasmine out because it was half her fault for doing this in the first place.. I usually don't cuss but I don't when I am mad and I called her a b-word and I said the f-word a few times and then she had the nerve to get mad at me and threaten me! Saying that when she sees me on Friday she's going to mess me up?

Like.. Really? It's not all my fault... Girl please...

Now I am kind of scared and feel unsafe at work now...

I hate life...

Help..

2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sorry you have to deal with this, and it's even worse since it's your workplace! (*hug*) Can you go to HR or someone else at work and say you don't feel safe there right now? If you think she might actually do something maybe you could carry pepper spray or something? Either way, stop talking to Destiny and her girlfriend right now, anything you say will clearly just be turned against you and it will escalate the situation until people start taking sides at work. Which will make it a miserable place for both of you to be. Let them think whatever and just try your best to avoid her from now on, you did nothing wrong but there is no convincing either of them of that. If she talks to you about work related things answer with short, straight to the point answers and if she tries to talk about anything else just say you don't want to talk to her and to please leave you alone.

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How old are you all? It seems like an awful lot of drama and like you don't work in a very professional environment at all.

Personally I am mostly for trying to keep work and private separate anyway but I think you should have taken the fact that she mentioned she had a gf (whether it was true or not is irrelevant really ) as the fact that she wasn't interested in you and move on, especially when you found out what she said was a lie.

It isn't really relevant why she chose to lie about dating Jasmine and stuff because it means this girl is up for playing games and it's NOT someone you want to date.

The both of you DRAGGED Jasmine into it and then you turned on her, out of all people, and called her a bitch. I would be pretty freaking furious if someone came to me to congratulate me on someone I don't date and then asked me for help/thoughts on the situation and told her exactly what I knew and thought and she chose to turn on me and call me a bitch because she obviously believes the other person over me (other person who happens to have lied to you already!) so I can see why she is upset ( not that it justifies threatening you though !)

In your situation there is NO proof that Jasmine lied. Destiny lied to you and told you she was dating Jasmine, how can you know she didn't tell Jasmine she was single and into you ? That girl lie and I wouldn't it doubt she would lie again to protect herself by calling everyone else but her a liar.

The two of you shouldn't have dragged Jasmine into it and I would personally apologize to her if I were you for insulting calling her mames. You asked for her help/opinion and she told you what she knew/felt. The anger, if there is some, should be directed at Destiny but those are you work colleagues and I would advice you to simply keep it professional from now on, this just isn't worth it.

If I were you I would just make amend with everyone and only have a professional relationship with all of them from now on.

Good luck OP ! :slight_smile:

#3 Lin1, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  4. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is not a script for a reality tv show right...? I'm sorry you are actually going through this. It's ridiculous and unprofessional and pretty messed up. I think you need to cut off personal contact with all these people and remain professional and friendly. Whatever the intention of Jasmine, she shouldn't have had to be involved in this in the first place, and I think you should apologize to her for being so mad at her. It's also not cool to just send screen captures of a conversation you had with someone to a third person. I know you were very confused, but you haven't been handling this very well. You get a lot of hearsay and you try to figure out what's the truth by gathering further hearsay. You need to have a mature calm conversation with these people and if they are still being immature, then you shouldn't get involved and move on with your life without them.