1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me now?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ThatOneK1d, Aug 26, 2016.

1. ThatOneK1d

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright hopefully this isn't too long of a story. The time span of this story is about a year maybe longer.

Well awhile back I came out to my best friend and told him I was gay. The moment that I told him he told me that he was too. What I didn't tell him was that I liked him, alot. Well a couple more months go on and I finally muster up the guts to tell him (mistakenly after he had just brokeup with his boyfriend) and he shut me down and tells me that he isn't interested me like that. Obviously it hurt, and I recovered by coming to the realization that our friendship was more important than some stupid crush I had on him. So we just went back to being best friends again always hanging out and always talking to each other.

This event ^ and the one below are about 3-4 months apart. Oh and btw we're both in the closet still, we'll save that talk for another time.

Now what I'm confused about is recently in the past month or so we've spent alot of time together and now he is giving off extremely mixed signals. Sometimes I catch him staring at me, he acts real cute with me (I don't know how to explain it. Almost teasing like you imagine a couple would do.), he laughs at almost everything I say even if it's not meant to be funny, things of that sort. But yet he has also become a little bit cold, I get a feeling like he wants me to do something. He acts almost bitter sometimes and then converts back to being flirtatious.

I think this is the most important part. He and I are introverts by nature and tend to not hang out with anyone but with each other and on occasions other people in our friend group, BUT even though we are best friends he and I aren't the type of people to open up with our inner thoughts and emotions to each other or to anyone for that matter, which will probably lead to a heart attack in our early 50s. But keeping that in mind it adds to the confusion even more.

I don't know if it's my mind messing with me and I've fallen into symptoms unrequited love where I see things that aren't there or if he some how has feelings for me now. If you guys need more information to help me out ask away. I'm an open book.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel for you man, it can be hard when they give you mixed signals :frowning2:

I guess from my perspective you have two options:

1) Talk to him again. Tell him how you feel again, and that it confuses you that he gives you these signals, but that if he does indeed like you or have feelings you really want to pursue them. If he does, yay! If he doesn't, then just let him know you might want him to dial down on the flirty signals.

2) Up the flirting with him slowly and see how he reacts. Try getting a bit touchy with him, and see how he reacts. Hugs, pats on the shoulder, spooning, whatever you think works. If he returns the gestures, then look at option 1. If seems to refuse them, then you probably have your answer there.

Good luck friend!