1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family and self rejection

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gamechanger91, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Gamechanger91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So my therapist suggested i do this since I've been officially out for about 8 years, have since married the woman of my dreams and we are starting a family. Growing up lesbian in the south, excuse the language, was shit. Though my family was extremely unstable anyways, my mother and i never had a good relationship. My entire family, other than my dad, always raised me to be with a man. I attempted to come out at least 3 times unsuccessfully, did horrible things to force myself into the hetero life. Trying to feel something for a man. Growing up with all of the ridicule has kind of stuck with me. I basically grew up in a box. I have issues with men, i was raped 2 months ago which added to all of this. I'm not a lesbian he said. I'm beautiful and don't look lesbian he said. He could change that he said. So here i am. Wishing i wasn't gay. Wondering if i can force myself to be with a man. Why can't i accept myself for who i am? I don't talk to any of my family. It affects my marriage sometimes. I have so many insecurities with my wife. I accuse her of cheating, i accuse her of liking men you name it. But reality she is amazing and has done nothing along those lines to hurt me. I just feel unworthy. This is a rambling post i know i just don't even know where to start. I just want peace and happiness within myself. Being lesbian is hard. Why. :bang: