1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creepy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by darth vader, Aug 28, 2016.

1. darth vader

Guys I need a breather. I know this is so high school. Please bear with me. My parents are asking their friends on facebook to find me a girlfriend. They are so creepy. I am so exasperated. I know and understand that they are worried about my life and they just want me to blend with the pack. Of course they don't understand because I never confirmed my sexuality to them. But still, they freak me out. Oh God, help me.

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How infuriating. I would go nuts. :bang:

Just out of interest, why aren't you out to your parents? Are you out to anybody?

3. darth vader

Hi Robert. Well, I live in a relatively conservative country in Asia. I'm out to a very few friends of mine and to my brother but never to my parents. Perhaps I feel that they wouldn't be understanding so much of my situation because of culture and religion. We are Catholics by the way. As much as I want to stay close with my family, I always feel the strong need to break free and be somewhere else where I can be safe and just be myself and reach my full potential. A pretty tough situation to be in. It feels really odd. A few of my cousins are also gay and my parents are now in the states and are being exposed to the reality that homosexuality exists. Despite all of those they still want me to be straight. It just shows how strong culture dictates exist in their psyches. How I wish they could be more sensitive and understanding.

#3 darth vader, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  4. Guff

Straight, Gay, Bi, or whatever the heck they think you are asking around on facebook is downright creepy. It's just weird. Just tell them you don't want ANY HELP whatsoever over dating and such. Cus that's just weird XD Make em' stop. Say it's embarrassing and freaky. I wish you good luck!

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell them you don't want them or anyone else to look for you. Your personal life is your own business.

6. darth vader

This is not the first time they've done this. I don't want to hurt their feelings so I won't scold them. But I won't tolerate them either. Most certainly I will never give in to what they want. Being true to myself is my birthright.