1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm probably worrying over nothing

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dounuts7975, Sep 2, 2016.

?

Am I just being dramatic?

Poll closed Sep 5, 2016.
  1. There's something wrong !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. He's just having a bad day.

100.0%
  1. dounuts7975

dounuts7975 Guest

Hi me again or if u don't know me I'm a teen who came out to his freinds. One of which was my crush and put two and two together and realized I liked him. He said he was straight and we moved on. We acted normal the first day after that . But today it started off normally but at the end of the day when we usually talk a lot he was quite quiet and in energetic. I don't know if it's something I did that made him uncorfortable or if he was just having a bad day. It's most likely just a bad day but what if it's not? If u have any ideas as to what could be wrong plz tell me if not we'll I'm probably just worrying over nothing.

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard to say, since I don't know him. Did you tell him you have a crush on him? If so, then he might feel a bit uncomfortable. There's nothing wrong, it's probably that he's trying to take it in and understand. When things change suddenly, some people don't know how to act. I don't think he has a problem with you. It was probably just a slight shock to him.

When I thought I was straight, my friend told me she was in love with me. I didn't know what to do or say. It shocked me because I had absolutely no idea. I only felt uncomfortable around her because I was worried I would do something to upset her. I actually started giving her more attention because her honesty made me feel closer to her. She eventually gave up on trying to have a relationship with me, and and started dating other people.

A year later, I realized I like women.

Also, your friend could have just been having a bad day. If he continues to act like this, try asking him if everything is okay.

#2 Anthemic, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  3. dounuts7975

dounuts7975 Guest

I did tell him I liked him but the day after that he was fine . Now 2 days after I told him I liked him he's all quiet and looks uncomfortable around me. If he was trying to not hurt me he's doing quite the opposite. A few words from him could bring my world crashing down around me whether their positive or negative. We also used to text a decent amount just small funny stuff. And now he hasn't responded to anything since I told him. I asked him if he wanted me to leave him alone but he said we were still freinds. Ughhhhh being a teen is confusing most of the time .

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's odd that he isn't texting you back. Maybe just give him time and see if he approaches you.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might just be that he is having an off day, but it's possible that he is processing everything you said to him and just needs a bit of time and space to gather his thoughts. Doesn't sound like he is annoyed or irritated with you and he did say you are still friends, but he might be a little shocked or surprised by your revelation.

Give him some room to work things out for himself, but don't completely distance yourself. Maybe in a week or two reassure him that you value him as a friend and totally respect that he is straight and thank him for being understanding.

6. duff0286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have to say that coming out to your friends as a teen wasn't very common. I finally came out at 20 to everybody after telling a few friends over the previous year. I'm 30 now in case you wondered :help:

Anyway, what you told him was a big thing. He is probably trying to process everything. I don't want to sound rude, but neither of you have experienced adult life and what the trials and tribulations it brings you.

The fact that your friend never called you names and punched you is a bonus. He is mature enough to put your friendship first. He probably needs space. I know you want all the answers now and I can be a bit like that, but you can't make him accept everything straight away and the way you want it to be. It's a horrible time for you, but things will get easier. It is better for him to really think hard and come back to you with a clearer head, than to come back with hurtful comments, because you applied too much pressure.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

7. dounuts7975

dounuts7975 Guest

Thank you everyone but I'm pretty sure I have this sorted out (kinda) I did take the time to read all your posts and it did help so thank you. I probably won't be updating this post again so plz don't respond to this