1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date Problems.....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 3n, Sep 3, 2016.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm going on a first date with a guy who I am happy to call my boyfriend. We've been dating for over a week now, and since we have a 3-day weekend we're going to see a movie tonight. Here's the thing, I'm extremely nervous and I've never been on a date. Any advice?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey 3n, I'd say just be yourself. It's the regular you who met him. It's the regular you he agreed to go out on a date with. Since it's the movies you are going to, you might want to pre-consider being prepared to ask him somewhere afterwards (for ice cream, a burger, etc) where you can bond more (because whatever else you may be doing during the movie, it won't be talking). And if you do go somewhere afterwards and you feel awkward about making conversation, you can always start with talking about the movie...:slight_smile:

3. duff0286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Quantumreality is right. If you can't be yourself from the start, there's no point. Enjoy yourself. Don't think too much. You only have your first date once. Enjoy it and if it goes wrong, you will learn how and why

4. bjanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't overthink it and just focus on him and talking with him and enjoying his company. Don't stress about the details, he likes you and you like him, so you'll be fine. He's probably nervous too, and I'm sure you both will have a great time. Be yourself(it's cheesy but true lol)