1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My ex!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KennedyM, Sep 5, 2016.

1. KennedyM

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in a long distance relationship with a girl a few years ago. I met her once and she not long broke up with me after that. She claimed she was in love with me but then said I was too immature. I was 17 at this point. She then got with another girl soon after she broke up with me. And now she is dating guys. I haven't spoken to her since I got with my girlfriend a year and half ago. Now I'm 20 happy with the person I'm with. But there's just one thing. My ex is friends with my friend who I may add became friends with her through me. She comments on her statuses right after I have and this irritates me. I won't block her because I've always tried to be civilised with her in the past to be friends but I don't want too anymore because she did ruin me. Now she keeps trying to pop up. I'm ignoring it and my girlfriend is aware as I've told her but why does she has to keep posting comments when she knows I'll see it?. I have blocked her in the past but this is my new Facebook account and only recently she has been doing it. but I guess I don't wanna do it because I wanna show her I don't care this way.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's bothering you, go ahead and block her. :slight_smile: There's no reason you should have to force yourself with being okay with seeing her posts on facebook, or wherever. You 100% have the right to decide what boundaries to draw with exes. If this one will make you more comfortable, draw it.

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, if she goes out of her way to check and see if you've blocked her, then she cares in some way, too. She needs to learn that you no longer wish to see anything from her. The fact that you claim that she "ruined" you makes me wonder if you have unresolved feelings for her. She's toxic, and that's not what you need in your life. I've blocked all my exes, except one. We dated when I was younger (age 16), and I never blocked my exes when I was that young, and she has moved on. Now that I'm older, I refuse to let myself allow any toxic negativity from my past into my life.

#3 Anthemic, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016