1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dunno man, I can't let it go

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Untitled104, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Untitled104

It's not really a big deal, I just can't seem to get it out of my head.

So, there was a weird thing, with a person, and we were into each other (I guess, I've been told, I don't even know) for a long time but were weird about it and never said a word, and then I asked them out, and it didn't go ahead because they were sick and then I got really weird and insecure and blanked them for months. We never talked about any of it. Ever. And we've been sorta friends ever since the incident, after I stopped blanking them, but haven't talked at all in about a month (well, they made me a playlist (which I wasn't expecting) in response to a playlist they made me make for them, but apart from that). It's all a bit confusing.

It's very much a done and dead thing now. But for some reason I can't stop thinking about it, and the person, and sometimes I even convince myself they still like me, and then realise that's complete crap. I think the fact that I have no clue how they felt throughout the whole thing really bothers me. It's been 6 months since the incident, and I still think about the person and the thing every bloody day.

I don't know how to get rid of this, and I don't want to end up old and obsessive, help!

#1 Untitled104, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. Meatballs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If they were into you once, liking you now might not be so out of the question. Perhaps they haven't mentioned it because you haven't mentioned it? Perhaps they feel embarrassed, or annoyed at themselves that things didn't go further? Or maybe they assumed that you blanked them because you didn't like them?

If you're 100% sure they don't like you now, perhaps you could bring it up? Just in a casual way. If the conversation goes sour, you don't have to talk about it again -and it might stop those obsessive thoughts, too.

If you don't want to do that, maybe talk to another person about this? A non-mutual friend? (mutual friends might tell) Just to get it off your mind. Ranting helps.