1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're not friends because he's on hormones and I'm not...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FightingShadows, Sep 6, 2016.

1. FightingShadows

To my fellow transfolk, a friend of mine who I'd met online quite a few years ago decided to end our friendship tonight. He said we were growing apart and that things like that happen and that's part of life. The thing is, he recently started T and before then we'd talk about pre-T things, ie: not passing well enough, body issues, etc. We were best friends and helped each other through a lot. After he told me we were growing apart, he admitted that I was an outlet for him. I was someone he could come to to vent. So basically I was only good to him until he got on T. I don't even know how I feel right now. I'm just wondering if something like this has ever happened to you.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a transperson, but, to me, that is a pretty sh*tty thing to do to you! Great that you could be there for him, but now what about YOU? That seems really selfish and unfeeling of him.:icon_sad:

My 2cents.

Take Care and stay strong!:slight_smile:

3. FightingShadows

Yeah, it's tough considering he was the only transperson I knew :/

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, exactly. So, now where does that leave you when you need that kind of specific support?:icon_sad: