1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing and confused

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Danny19, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Danny19

So i have this friend, R, that im kinda close to and well I like him.. A lot. the other night i went to a party and got pretty drunk.. I ended up having to sleep over at R's house and since his brother wasn't home he let me sleep in his bed. Well he ended sleeping with me on this small twin bed. There was a point were i woke up to notice that we were cuddling. I had my arm over him and he was hugging me with his leg over me. Then I had my eyes clothes but I was awake and I guess he wakes up and thinks im sleeping and starts to caress my face and lips, then goes back to hugging me. I didnt know what to do so I just pretended to still be asleep. Now I cant stop thinking about it and idk what to do. We havent talked about it and im not sure if that even meant something. I want to ask but i dont want to make this awkward between us. I asked our friend, which R tells everything to, and she said she doesnt know anything and she's even surprised R hasnt told her that happened. My other friend says i should ask him because there must be a reason he did that. But then i also think he was drunk. Even though it was already 6am. Sometimes i feel like he flirts and when he looks at me i feel like we connect. I think that its just wishful thinking on my part, but then i get a gut feeling that im right... Idk. I just need some advice because im getting frustrated. I really wanna know if he likes me and thats why he did that. Or em i just trippin? Do u think i can ask him without making it weird? :icon_sad:

Btw He is gay, but his boyfriend recently broke up with him..

2. Doughmaster

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    At least ask, because you'll hate yourself if you never know

3. faustian1

Oh, it means something. These things always mean something. It's true, maybe he was drunk. Or not.

I'm not sure how awkward it will be. I agree with Doughmaster, you should ask. "So hey....I enjoyed cuddling with you the other night, and it seemed like you did too :slight_smile:"

Are you ever affectionate like this with him at other times?

The other big clue is that he invited you to sleep with him in a little twin bed....which to me is practically an engraved invitation to hug and cuddle.

#3 faustian1, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  4. Danny19

We're not affectionate. I mean the most touch we do is when he gives me a hello or goodbye hug. And he calls me boo sometimes

5. faustian1

That is really, really interesting. Does it mean that you think it was the alcohol? Releasing inhibitions?

I think I'll stick to my suggestion. You're friends. Something unusual happened. You kind of liked it. I don't see anything wrong with expressing this to your friend. If it embarrasses him a little, it's not actually more than 50% your fault, probably less.

It's tough to take the step beyond, but in any friendship that extra measure of self-disclosure is the route to the next step. Very, very hard for guys of any persuasion to do, but a worthy goal in any case.

6. Nobo

He's gay so that's a huge green light already I say ask him

7. Crukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Danny19!

Well, you know what they say: A drunk man's words/actions = a sober man's thoughts

In any case, I think there definitely could be quite a few possibilities here:

1) You mentioned his boyfriend recently broke up with him. Therefore, he could just be looking for someone to comfort him right now.

2) The alcohol could definitely have been a factor as some gay guys are known to get quite touchy-feely with almost any guy they see (or sleep with in your case haha) when they are under the influence. Is your friend a very touchy-feely kinda guy in general around others?

3) It's very well possible that he may have feelings for you. However, he may not be ready to tell you yet for one reason or another.

In any case, I don't see a problem bringing up a conversation with him about what happened that night, maybe in a lighthearted manner. I think since you are both good friends, (and both gay) there should be nothing to worry about~

Good luck, and hope everything turns out!

8. Danny19

Well since He recently broke up with his boyfriend, i wanted to give him some time. But idk if i can wait any longer. I feel like im going crazy. I think about him all the time and ive even been dreaming about being with him the past few days. However, lately he's been acting kinda distant. Doesnt really text me much or if we do he stops replying after a few texts. But yesterday we spent almost all day together and it was nice. And i kept feeling that we were connecting and that maybe we were both feeling the same thing. When we would talk its like it was hard for both of us to maintain eye contact. One of us would look away. The other day we went out with some friends to bowl. The bowling place had really good music playing and everytime a song that we both like came up he would turn to look at me and like silly dance. And i caught him just looking a few times when i wasnt paying attention...Also one of the things he has been doing lately that make me think he likes me is that he says my name a lot.. like a lot more than i say his. Even if its just us 2 when he talks to me he says my name. And he has accidentally called other people by my name quite a few times. Like yesterday he called two of my friends by my name when he was talking to them, or like when i point out cute guys he rarely agrees or anything. He lowkey ignores it. Lol and then he does things to make me feel like he isnt into me like he was on his phone a lot, and i feel like he gets awkward when i try to be touchy. Like maybe he doesnt want me touching him because he knows i like him...he also talks about trying to work things out with his ex. But all he does when he talks to his ex is complain that he gets angry about everything... its just hard to tell becAuse i dont know if he does those things because he isnt interested. Or because he thinks i dont feel that way and he doesnt wanna make it obvious or make things weird

Anyways, im gonna be having a birthday party and he will be there. So im hoping that i can drunk enough to get the courage to just ask him. Because i just need to know already. I feel that even if in the end he doesnt feel the same at least i'll be able to finally move on. And maybe being drunk isnt the best idea, but i think its the best way for me to grow some balls and also just play it off if it doesnt go as plan

#8 Danny19, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016