1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was flirted with for the first time, now what? Help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Sep 8, 2016.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so I am about 80% sure I was flirted with, when I told my friends they all said he was definitely flirting with me so now I'm nervous.

It started yesterday in Statistics. Boring as ever and I wanted to die the entire hour and a half.

When we were sitting down and everything we started talking (because there had been a robbery on campus the other night) A girl he's friends with pulled out a taser that's attached to her lanyard. I lifted up my pepper spray and we laughed. Anyway, fast forward through him mentioning he's in another class with me, that he's a bio major, that he's actually starting soon as a desk clerk for my residence hall.

Anyway. Halfway through the class I turn around and say "I'm about to fall asleep..." He pats me on the back a few times then pokes me with his mechanical pencil. He smiled and said "That should keep you awake" I smile and chuckle.

Fast forward again, later in the class he pokes me and says he's about to fall asleep. He asks me to pinch him. I do. I smile and start internally screaming spamming my friend with messages asking if he's flirting with me for the rest of the class and at this point the whole class is shot for me because he's cute and I've never been flirted with before, just tried to get picked up via dating "websites" that I never agreed to.

Question 1: Was this flirting? I feel like it may have been.
    Question 2: What do I do? The other class that I have with him is tomorrow morning. But it's a large class with like about 200 people in it and I don't know if I could find him, plus would it be weird if I sat next to him? Or should I wait until the next statistics class, which is Monday.

He didn't really give off much of a vibe until he actually started talking to me, but my gaydar is :***: anyway so I take that with a grain of salt.

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Show up early, hang around outside doing something, you may find each other before going in. Sounds like flirting, see if it continues. Good luck!

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats definitely flirting.

Im terrible at this sort of thing so I wont give any advice.

4. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I may have fucked it up. Idk, I waited outside, it got to a point where it would be obvious I was waiting for him and went in, eventually he came in and sat about 3 rows back from me. He caught me looking at him once, now I'm worried I messed it up because I tried to play it off by swiveling in my seat (they're all swivel chairs, it's a lecture hall) my only hope is to wait until Monday now... And maybe hope he does it again, if he does I'll suggest we exchange numbers in case "one of us misses a class" or something...

I'm new at this, now I'm worried he really wasn't and I messed it up or something. because after class he was hanging out talking to somebody, and again enough people left so that it would look weird if I waited for him much longer.

5. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I may have fucked it up. Idk, I waited outside, it got to a point where it would be obvious I was waiting for him and went in, eventually he came in and sat about 3 rows back from me. He caught me looking at him once, now I'm worried I messed it up because I tried to play it off by swiveling in my seat (they're all swivel chairs, it's a lecture hall) my only hope is to wait until Monday now... And maybe hope he does it again, if he does I'll suggest we exchange numbers in case "one of us misses a class" or something...

I'm new at this, now I'm worried he really wasn't and I messed it up or something. because after class he was hanging out talking to somebody, and again enough people left so that it would look weird if I waited for him much longer.

6. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should approach him, even if it's obvious you waited for him, and just be totally honest. What's the worst that can happen? He might say no he wasn't flirting and he's not gay. What did you lose?

He was flirting with you and took a bold step to do it. Your lack of confidence could backfire on you here.

Muster up your courage and go for it!!

7. Crukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey MtnFr3sh!

I think if there's one thing I have learned about people thus far in my life it's that:

People will more or less act in accordance to what they want in any specific moment. Or as Adam Smith put it: "Humans' natural tendency is toward self-interest (or in modern terms, looking out for yourself)".

People in general do not waste their time doing things or chasing after things that they believe will not benefit them in the long run (financially, emotionally, physically,etc).

So in your case, he has clearly shown some kind of interest in you. That is clear. What is unclear, are his motives. He may just want to be friends with you, or he could be looking for something more. The only way to tell for sure is to continue flirting with him and seeing how he responds. You mentioned trying to get his number. That's a good idea so you can establish connection with him outside of your classes. Maybe ask if he would like to study together sometime at your place? You could offer to go out for coffee or lunch between classes. At this point you want to focus on becoming his friend first while doing some flirting to show that you are interested.

#7 Crukie, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016