1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do dating apps suck?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnotherVeronica, Sep 9, 2016.

1. AnotherVeronica

I just moved to a big city and I have three different dating apps. Mostly for fun, I've never met anyone in person from them. Mostly because I'm pretty sure with my luck they would certainly turn out to be a murderer of some kind but does anyone have any dating sites for bi/lesbian/pan/etc. chicks looking for other queer women?? Why is this so difficult?

I'm bi-ish, pan is a good word for me but it doesn't feel right to me, blah blah blah. (I say that because I've mentioned it a zillion times on here and even though I'm not here very often, I know I'm annoying myself with this whole thing.) I'm a cis woman, I'm 23, and I'm queer. I like saying I'm gay, but I also like saying I'm straight. Because I'm both. I'm all the sexualities, basically. It's stupid and I'm stupid but the point is, I'm sick of men and I want to make out with girls. And maybe date and marry a girl if I find the right one.

Help?

I'm heard one of them used to be good but now everything costs extra money or something? Idk man. I just want to be swiping right on girls that are attracted to girls.

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't even bother with dating apps. They usually end up being a waste of time. I've never used her, but I've heard bad things about it, including a lot of men pretending to be women on there.

I prefer to meet people in person now. It's a bit more difficult, but LGBT clubs and safe spaces make it more likely.

3. LezLuther

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have great success with it. If you're not getting meet-ups, it's because you're taking the initiative to organise them. From what I've seen of lesbian apps, they're pretty barren. Check-out dating websites, but you usually have to pay.

#3 LezLuther, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had success with dating apps as well (technically it was more of a hookup app). I've made it very clear in my profile that I wasn't into hookups, and I messaged a guy that didn't like hookups either (with the exception of one time lol).

Been with the same guy for almost a year now. Things are getting much better. I must say though, when I initially met him, I wasn't exactly out yet but we're in a really good spot right now.

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't really had much success either...partly because you're likely swiping right on other people who have given up on apps and log in rarely, if ever.

6. BookWriter1994

I am way to shy to pick up chicks and guys in person so I use dating apps to help me. The only one that I used for women is called her and I've only met two out of the year I started to use it and it wasn't successful.. And I used T.I.N.D.E.R for men and women and I do get matches from guys but not women on there and that's lame..

#6 BookWriter1994, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016