1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think I have a chance with him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dopplershift94, Sep 11, 2016.

1. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I met this guy through a mutual friend who just transferred to our university.

He started coming the LGBTQ club on campus, and I have become interested in him.

I decided to ask him on a date by telling him that I thought he was an interesting person. He said that he wasn't looking to date right now, but willing to hangout and do things.

At first, I wasn't sure if he dated guys because he is transgender so I thought that he might be straight and only into women, but he told me that he is open to dating guys as well.

We have hungout a few times, he even went to a picnic with me, and we made plans to hangout this weekend. We have also been texting each other about everyday now. We have both initiated the conversations about evenly. It's not like I'm only one who starts the texting conversation.

Lately he's been asking me about what kind of music I like, favorite TV shows, etc. I'm not sure if that's a sign or not.

Do you think there is potential? I'm just afraid that I'm not going to be his type.

2. ABeautifulMind

I think it sounds like he is not ready to date yet, but that so long as you make sure he knows your interested, when he is, he will come around...

3. faustian1

Yes there is, for at least making a good friend. He asked about these things, because he is interested to know more about you.

It's true you may not be compatible, for a deeper friendship or relationship, but you're doing pretty good. Answer his question honestly, and ask some of him in return. Don't get ahead of yourself. Share, and see what you discover.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just see where it goes. If you develop stronger feelings for him, let him know but be prepared that he might only want friendship for now.

But maybe he will also start to like you once you get to know each other better.