1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to live this life?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by laviedadele, Sep 12, 2016.

1. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having come out to more people, I'm letting myself be attracted to those around me more, and they are girls. This feels positive as I don't think I made a mistake coming out.

But I feel sad, the girls I like have boyfriends, or if they're single they're likely to be straight, and if they're gay they're unlikely to know I like girls, and if they did then borderline impossible that they'd be interested in me.

So the odds are really not in my favour and I don't know what to do.

I met a girl at work I liked and was sad I may not see her again. We got on well, I thought she was paying particular attention to me. Then I bumped into her yesterday whilst I looked my worst and she seemed to be on a date with a boy. And today my friend talked about setting me up with a boy, but I didn't correct her to say "I'm not looking for guys now" because it was in a room full of 20 strangers who were sitting in silence and I didn't see why they should all hear something so personal.

I'm so jealous of people who haven't had to go through this and won't ever have to, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. If I manage to get through this and be happy it will be my biggest achievement. I just don't know how to do it.

2. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know how you feel, but I'm sure that some day, you'll find someone who'll love you.

An advice I had and that I think I'll do is to wear something LGBT (a t-shirt, a pin, etc) related, to make people know that you're LGBT (or at least they'll know you're LGBT friendly).

Stay strong, and if you have any problem, EC is here for you (&&&)

3. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. I just feel lost, and life is passing me by.
    That's a good idea, I have a subtle ankle bracelet that I'll try to wear more. I have no problem wearing it out and about. But I'm scared of wearing it around those who are close enough to me to ask about my sexuality, as I'm uncomfortable talking about it :frowning2:

I need to muster up the strength from somewhere

4. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, if you don't want to come out to everyone, you can choose not to wear it, but it'll be harder for people to know that you are LGBT, but it comes down to the beginning if so.

5. AKTodd

Hm. What evidence do you have for these last two assertions? Ok - the girls you currently like have boyfriends. And statistically, most women you encounter are going to be straight. But you can easily wear something subtle to indicate your not straight or go to places and events where most people aren't straight, such that someone encountering you is likely to assume you are also not straight. And I'm not at all clear why it should be 'borderline impossible' that they would be interested in you. What evidence do you have for that exactly?

What about just saying 'I'm not looking for a relationship just now.' ? Plenty of people go through periods where they aren't looking for a relationship for one reason or another, so this seems unlikely to garner much attention.

Todd

6. ABeautifulMind

Im not positive on all the steps you will take on your journey to happiness, but you have already taken an important one coming here for support :wink: