1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over a breakup

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by loracuk, Sep 13, 2016.

1. loracuk

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I'm a 47 year old woman who came out as a lesbian last year. I have been married and it never felt right but I never had the courage to come out. I met a woman online and we dated for 16 months. She was always a commitment phobe and broke up with me for a week a year ago. In that time I got divorced, sold a house, my mum died, lost my business because of it all and decided to move from my area to hers so relocated with my 12 year old daughter.
    We have only been here a month and she dumped me. I bought a house near hers as she didn't want to move in together. Her excuse for ending it is that she couldn't cope with my daughter kicking off ( which she did because she has moved away from all her friends and school) and that me moving here hasn't been what she expected. I beyond upset and angry. She continues to email and call all the time, saying she is sorry and how guilty she feels.

So I am here in a strange town not knowing anyone and without a job. I am so scared.

I honestly don't know how I will ever trust anyone again, how can someone say they are your soulmate and the best thing to ever happen to them and then walk away?

Any advice gratefully received xxx

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry this happened. Did she ask you to move to her town?

3. loracuk

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes she did, from February this year she asked me repeatedly. I looked around the city and found a house 4 minutes away from hers.

It all feels so cruel and can't believe she has done this to us.

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awful. What she did to you is so unfair. Her only excuse is that it wasn't what she expected?