1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Walking, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Walking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just want to meet another guy who is like me. I know a lot of lesbians and bisexual girls, but I do not know any other gay or bi guys. My school has no gsa which really upsets me because that was my biggest chance to meet others and it's not there. It's so painful being alone. There is no one else like me that I can talk to and I just aimlessly crush on straight guys and they obviously have no feeling for me at all because I've given up but I want it so badly I just need another way to meet others.and I think that no one truly understands my feelings. I expected my school to be very supportive and reach out and to care but they just don't and no teacher will take their time to start a club and it kills me.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's always the option of starting the club yourself - you might talk to administration and see if they'd be willing to let you begin one, or if they could find a teacher to advise it once someone else (you) has already gotten the ball rolling. I'd wager you're not the only person at your school who wishes there was one - it couldn't hurt to try and ask! :slight_smile:

Also, depending on where you are, there may be community centers nearby that focus on groups, meetings, events, etc. for teens (assuming you're talking about high school). It's not a resource that every town and city has, but many do, and it would be worth looking for one nearby (wherever you think you can reasonably get to).

3. katey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, i dont know if this is the kind of thing you were thinking but we started an LGBT+ club at my school recently and its kinda a safe place to go and chat and ask questions and whatnot. If youre interested i can tell you how we managed to get it set up and what we talk about and how its helpful etc.?