1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share Your Long Distance Success Stories!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ilovejazz10, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Ilovejazz10

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm curious as to how others deal with long distance meetings. I'm meeting my long distance love interest for the first time this Sunday and I have no idea how to feel. We've been waiting almost 2 years to meet each other and I don't know how to feel! Does anyone have stories? I'm curious as to how this could turn out considering we could easily start our lives together once I finish my undergraduate for med. technology and hers for the arts a year ahead of me.

I'm a bit freaked out because at my age relationships never last, but her being 5 years my senior gives me hope. I always try to refrain from saying 'forever' simply because I've never seen it go past a year for others my age. However she's told me that she could see herself with me for the rest of her life. There's no doubt in my mind that I love her, but are there any success stories to give me more confidence?

I'm just a bit spooked and worried that something so amazing could end! She is definitely supportive of my choices and I surely wouldn't be upset that she could possibly be it for me. I'm overthinking everything as usual and panicking. Please help:lol:

2. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My sister met a guy on an online MMORPG. They dated 4-5 years seeing each other not even a handful amount of times per year until she graduated high school and moved out to his place about 8 hours away. They got married anout 6/7 months ago and have been together like 6 years total now

3. elyell77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I met a guy online October of my freshman year of college, we met at the end of April the following year and proceeded to have a relationship for four years. It was long distance for most of it, mainly between Pennsylvania and New York and then Pennsylvania and California, but we made it work and talked every day. After we both graduated we moved into together and made it about another six months but unfortunately we grew apart, we are however still close to this day and he's always around if I need him. I'll always hold a special place in my heart for him.

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My girlfriend and I met online in high school. We lost touch for a while and then reconnected in college. It wasn't long until we were talking for hours every night and confessed feelings for each other. We didn't even meet in person until we'd been dating six months. Our hometowns are only about an hour apart (colleges were closer to nine hours), but she's currently living in Japan. It's rough but we've been together almost three years and we're still going strong. We've talked about marriage and getting engaged but I'd rather wait for that until she comes home for good. :slight_smile: