1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know how to tell my boyfriend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by btf22, Sep 14, 2016.

1. btf22

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, I'm new to this site and I'm not really sure if this is how I post stuff but I'm gonna post anyway lol Okay so I'm a 23 year old bisexual female and I have identified as this since I was 15 but within the past almost year I have been constantly questioning my orientation. I have a wonderful boyfriend who I was good friends with beforehand and he is amazing and loving and caring and my family loves him and I love him too but I don't think I'm inlove with him like I thought I was. Here's the thing, I can't stop thinking about girls. And he knows I like girls and he is fine with that (he's straight) but I'm starting to think I ONLY like girls... I don't know what to do because like I said I do love him but I also don't want to lose him, he's basically all I have and I know that is incredibly selfish but I'm so afraid of hurting him and losing him forever. I even made the account for this website on an alternate e-mail so there would be no way of him seeing this. There is this girl that I know and we talk on facebook all the time, she's been feeling the same way with her orientation as well but she is single. We both really like eachother but she lives in another city (almost 2 hours away) and niether of us drive so we have only hung out in person a few times but the times we have hung out I can always feel this connection like I want to kiss her and be with her but I dont do anything about it because I don't want to cheat because not only would it hurt him and be wrong of me to do but I also know from experience how much it hurts to be cheated on. Anyways she's always telling me how much she wishes I was single and she likes me and I like her a lot as well, infact I feel like I could very much be inlove with her. I just don't know what to do. I can't hurt him but I don't know if staying with him is hurting him... :frowning2: I'm so lost and have no one to talk to about it

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like eventually you might cheat on your boyfriend, so you should try to get the courage and ask about taking a break from the relationship. It could hurt him, but he should be understanding that if you are only thinking about girls, he can't really satisfy that need. You have to just be honest with him and let him decide what he wants (and accept his decision) because right now he may just think bisexuality is some type of phase.

3. btf22

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't think I would end up cheating on him because technically the person who I would be cheating with doesnt live close and it might be a few months until we see eachother next but either way I don't think I could live with myself if I were to do something like that. I know what you mean though, and you are absolutely right that I need to tell him how I'm feeling and see what he thinks towards taking a break. It might be a while until I get the courage and decide for sure what I do but your advice is really helpful and appreciated :slight_smile: Thank you