1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do all relationships have to suck?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Numb, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Numb

Honestly though, real talk. Every relationship I ever had ended with them cheating and leaving. Like I'm starting to question my own worth to be honest because the only thing all these failed relationships have in common seems to be me.

So, I'm asking all my gay dudes out there, do all relationships end in cheating and lies and "i think we should see other people"?

2. HuskyLover

No, not all of them. I think it's just about finding that one guy who won't cheat, ever get tired of you and who'll always love you unconditionally.

Personally I believe that close to no relationships last forever, but it's important not to think about that and just enjoy what you have and live as it'll never end.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where are you meeting these guys? Are they out or closeted?

I'm not a gay man, but I've had friends who are. It's pretty common for people on dating sites or apps to only be looking for sex or to have a hard time in a romantic relationship with a man due to homophobic stigma and religious shame.

There are people out there for you. Please don't give up.

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, not all relationships end in cheating or leaving. I've been with the same guy for almost a year now, but it was difficult for us in the beginning because I just came out earlier that year, so I was new to the whole dating scene. If people leave or cheat on you, that is an issue they have on their end.

Where are you meeting these guys? Hookup/dating apps aren't the best place to start, but that's actually where I first started to chat with my bf. We ended up working in the same area, and met up not long after that.

You could take a break from the dating scene, that night help. I honestly did not think I would be with the same guy for this long, but I wouldn't give it up for anything and neither would he. Be optimistic, you'll find someone :slight_smile:

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I've ever had a relationship end that way. I mean I've been off the market for a while--my husband and I have been together for eighteen years. But even before that I dated pretty extensively and, even when it didn't last forever, it was nice. I can't think of anyone that I don't look back on at least semi-fondly. No cheating, no big lies, nothing all that dramatic to be honest. I'm still friends with many of them some twenty years later. I think you should seriously look at where you are meeting these guys.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As you have already seen in the previous responses, it's not the case that all relationships suck, so I'm wondering where you are meeting all of these flaky guys who lie and cheat.

I don't mean to be unkind in saying this, but you may need to look more closely at yourself and what's attracting you to liars and cheats (or vice versa) if it's always happening like this. Clearly there is something going on, so if you can isolate what that 'something' is you may have more success with relationships. If you are using online dating sites (including apps) do you need to do anything with your profile/description? Try to take a step back and see if there is a common theme developing -- apart from the disastrous end result.