1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank You

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by elyell77, Sep 16, 2016.

1. elyell77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, so I'm the guy that was seeing the guy that was lying about his age by 18 years. Well I officially ended it and it's for the best, he just didn't give me enough attention and of course....he's a liar. I have to say however, it hurts! My heart hurts and my ego is majorly bruised, I feel like I'm not good enough. I woke up this morning and almost called in sick to work cause I didn't want to get out of bed. Anyway though, I come to these forums and see people with their problems and see you all being so supportive and positive. I want to say thank you cause it certainly helps lift my spirits.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, elyell77! Sorry to hear you're feeling this way. As cliche as it sounds, it just takes time to get over something like this. You know in your head you did the right thing, but your heart is still pining for him.

Are there things you can do to distract yourself? Any hobbies or studies, etc that you can throw yourself into for a while?

Remember, we're here supporting you!

Take Care. Stay strong and proud!:slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Reminds me of this:
    [youtube]FscIgtDJFXg[/youtube]

With every toxin, there is an antidote. You can be happy single, even happier than in that toxic relationship. Find the little constructive/creative things in your life that make life worth living. Use this as an opportunity to reset the many things that have been dragging you down, so that self-development makes you resilient and ready for whatever comes in the future.

4. duff0286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In life, we always run into hurt. From what he said to you about the reason he lied, made me feel sorry for him. I know you can't get past the fact that he lied, but I believe it was because he didn't think you would be interested in him due to his real age. I believe he is worth another shot. It's not like he cheated on you. His lie was to keep you. It's obviously affected you. Obviously, you really had strong feelings for him. I'm 30 so I can't relate to his feelings, but the guy doesn't strike me as a loser. If I was single and that happened, I'm pretty sure I would have thought fuck it and move on, but you seem to feel more. People make mistakes and as you aren't his age, you can't relate. People make mistakes and he has expressed his regret for the lie he told. You seem like a nice guy, so I think you should try and put yourself in his position and think about this hot younger guy who is into you, but feeling like you wouldn't have a chance if he knew the truth. It wasn't smart for him to carry on the lie, as your relationship progressed, but some people do stupid things. We all do. You might have or might make a different kind of mistake one day. I'm sure you might wish you could change it, or at least have a chance to prove you won't make that mistake again. Or am is it that you are hurt by this because you can't bring yourself to date a guy that old. It would be understandable. I'm just saying that nobody is perfect and one day you may wish somebody would give you a second chance. It could be that this guy may make you very happy. I just think you need to be a little bit more understanding. I am really really not trying to be cruel here, but from what I have read, you have made yourself out to be the total victim here and while you were the one who was lied to, it's him I feel sorry for. Give the guy a chance. Those who have told you to just drop him, have made snap judgments. I have tried to think about the reasons behind the lies. Not being with him is making you miserable. If you can't date a guy of his age, I am totally with you on that, because you saw a future with the guy at that age. But if it's not the age thing, give it a chance. I know it's awful about the fact you saw a future with the guy who you thought was younger than you. It was a shitty thing to do, but if you still like him, find a way to forgive him. It's not like the two of you were serious yet.

5. elyell77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, if he lied about that then he could be lying about other stuff. And in the last couple weeks or so after I found out I saw other things that I'm not okay with, like drug use, etc.

I'm recovering....heart is still a little sore and ego still a little bruised but I'm moving on!!!

6. duff0286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well if there's drug use too, run for the hills and don't waste your time hurting over bad news. This changes my opinion. You had s lucky escape

7. elyell77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks! I'm moving on up!

8. duff0286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good for you! :thumbsup: