1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I regret trusting my mother

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nymmphhul, Sep 16, 2016.

1. nymmphhul

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello. I think this is my first time seeking advice on a forum and I feel a little bit awkward, but I really need some help. I've recently, around 2 months ago, told my mother that I am bisexual and I've been bisexual for quite some time and that I have a girlfriend that I love dearly and with whom I have an incredible relationship. My relationship with my mom is a really close one and I did not want to hide anything from her. She seemed accepting at first, even calm and ok with it. She said she was not really happy about it, but I'm her child and she loves me anyway. Things have changed since then, a lot and at a very fast pace. During the last few days, we've been fighting quite a lot. She's telling me things like I'm destroying her life and I'm embarassing her and she cannot dream about marriage and grandchildren anymore and she will never accept me or her and this is the worst mistake of my life and I'm only doing it because I'm frustrated and so many other hurtful things, every single day. At this very point, I regret so much that I was sincere with her and I wish I could tell my girlfriend, but it would hurt her a lot. I'm stuck and I don't know how to bring back our old connection. I am not about to give away my love for anything in the world, but I wish I could at least have the support of my parents. What am I doing wrong? Should have I even told her? Is my relationship really affecting her? I don't understand anything anymore and I'm even starting to doubt myself.

2. nbd

nbd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so sorry that your mother is not supporting you. It is a huge violation of trust when you bare your soul and heart to someone and they make it all about them. I sincerely hope that she comes around and you can reconnect.

You are doing nothing wrong. Your mother made a choice to not support you, but who you are is not something to be sorry for.

I would consider sharing with your girlfriend, I know I'd want to know if my partner was in pain.

Best of luck to you.

3. nymmphhul

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you so much for your reply to this post. I really appreciate your words and thank you for the reassurance. I will try to take into consideration your advice about my girfriend, I hate not being completely honest with her, but this would bring pain to her too and she will feel guilty for the disconnection between me and my mother. She will think it's only because of her.