1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Never Have Crushes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BlueBanana, Sep 17, 2016.

1. BlueBanana

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never have crushes. On guys, girls, nobody. I had them when I was in early, EARLY, Elementary School, but I don't have them anymore. I know I'm attracted to guys, crushes aren't the only way of figuring that out. Being in a relationship with a guy just seems right, and I want to be in a relationship with a guy.
    A few weeks ago, I all of a sudden started to get butterflies in my stomach around one of my (guy) best friends. So obviously I do have a crush, right? A few days later the butterflies stopped, and when I say a few, I mean a few. Now everything is back to normal around him. However, he is my only friend I can imagine myself in a relationship with. I cannot imagine me being in a relationship with any other of my friends. It just seems gross. So do I still have a crush on him?
    The thing about this guy is that I have a feeling he's gay/bi. Two or three times when talking to him, he'd like rub my chest a little, and then regain himself and pretend it was a joke. But after the second or third time he stopped. I'm hoping he'll do it again and then I can text him asking about it, and asking if he's gay/bi. If he is, I might end up with my first boyfriend!
    Now, I've seen gay guys online post about how they never ever get crushes even though they're in their 20s, and gay guys post about how they only get crushes on gay guys. I'm hoping that I'm the ladder, but I'm afraid that I may just end up being the former. BUT since I'm only in 8th grade (however I am older than everyone else), with the amount of students being smaller, most guys that are gay just haven't accepted/realized/come out yet, and everyone younger than me not looking very mature, maybe once I reach high school and join a GSA/LGBT+ club, then I might develop crushes.

*Sorry this wasn't really a question, it's just this had been worrying me the last couple of days so I thought typing my feelings out would help, and it did! Now that I've collected all my thoughts, I'm not as worried!*

#1 BlueBanana, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2016
  2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really get crushes until I've been friends with someone first. It's ok not to get lots of crushes. Try and pursue this guy and see where it goes!

3. Crukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey GeekCube!

I'm with WhiteShadows on this one. I rarely get crushes unless I'm friends with them first. Usually crushes are composed of two things:

1) The romantic/sexual attraction to a person (also known as lust).

2) The personality connection.

Most people get infatuated easily, but this is not to be confused with a "crush." I get infatuated all the time when I see guys that I'm attracted to. But if there is no friendship or personality connection then it won't develop into a crush. Crushes can be developed for straight guys, bisexual guys, and gay guys alike; this cannot be avoided.

You could definitively try to peruse a relationship with your friend. First things first, you need to find out if you two are compatible (if he's attracted to guys).