1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm a bad boyfriend....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 3n, Sep 18, 2016.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm always so shy and scared of everything, and I feel like I have a million different problems or something wrong with me constantly. Then there's this amazing person in my life, who's the exact opposite. There's probably a million people who'd be better than me. I know its probably all in my head, but how do I GET THESE THOUGHTS OUT OF MY BLOODY HEAD *flips table*

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the best ways to keep from thinking so much about you and your problems is think about someone else - like your boyfriend. Spend more time thinking about him and what kinds of thing you can do to make him happy. Generating loving feelings for him can only improve your outlook on yourself as well.

3. ABeautifulMind

I think your being too hard on yourself, we are all our own worst enemy.

As far as how to make them stop, talk about them. I dont know if anything else really works. Once you are validated and feel like they arent a big deal, they will usually fade a lot, unless you have any other issues, for example OCD. Then it could take some work...

Either way, I really hope you can work this out, and if you dont think you can talk to someone about it, feel free to talk about it here. That is what EC is for :slight_smile:

I for one will be happy to chat if you need me to, as will many others on these forums...