1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Am In So Much Pain. Please Reply, I Might Not Make It Tonight

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Male Streisand, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the extremely long thread, I just need to get this off my chest.

I've found that lately whenever I have an issue or a problem with no solution, I come on EC and I talk about it, and I always leave feeling better about myself and the issue. So I would just like to thank you all for making me feel this way.

Anyway, back to the reason for this post. I've been super stressed and have found that I have been having trouble getting over past mistakes or mistakes of others.

I'm gonna start with why I'm stressed. Last year in November, my mother was diagnosed with a cyst in her brain, this caused her to start forgetting things, her sight to weaken, and she gets headaches constantly. The doctors do not want to operate as a main vein is running directly through the cyst, and that operating will only increase the risk of her having a stroke and the cyst coming back. She has managed to handle her pain by taking slow release pain medication that the doctor prescribed to her, but now it seems as if the pain meds aren't working as well as they used to, so she went for blood tests last week and she is going to see the doctor again this week to discuss her results. I'm nervous as fuck. I don't want to show that I'm nervous because I know she is already super nervous as it is, we don't know what could happen next, the dr did say that it was the size of a Kiwi fruit, but thankfully it isn't growing. So now there might be a chance that it is growing and is giving her a lot of pain, I hate this.

Okay, onto the next problem. A few months ago I was called into the deputy principal's office, a girl in my drama class had filed a complaint about me. This was just after the June exams, where we had a own choice practical for our exam- we were given the opportunity to do what ever we wanted for the prac- So I had decided to perform the song "Fighter" originally by Christina Aguilera, but in the style of Glee so that I could have a character. When I proposed this idea to my teacher, she told me that she wanted me to do a song from a musical, so that I could have more of a character and not just do a song off of the radio. Although I had already started working on the song with my music teacher, I changed the song to "We Both Reached For The Gun" from the musical Chicago. I then realized that I would need another person to help me perform the number, now bare in mind, we only started working on this task a week before exams started because we were running out of time trying to cover everything that was going to be in the exam. So I ended up asking another girl in my drama class if she could do the prac with me, and she said yes. So a week into exams, this girl tells me that she can't do the prac with me, because she was helping another guy in our class with his prac and that she was now working on her own monologue, which she never mentioned to the teacher or to anyone else. Then, after I had my panic attack over this, I asked another girl to help - the one who filed the complaint - and she said she would help me. So after working out a schedule for when we could practice, a week before the actual exam, this girl goes to our teacher and complains that she can't do the prac with me and asks the teacher if she can cancel on me, and of course the teacher sides with her and says that I now have no choice but to do my prac on my own because I had decided to work on my practical so last minute before the exam. Now bare in mind, I had just been dropped twice, and forced to change my idea three times. So on one day during break at school, I was with my best friend and her boyfriend, and I was venting to her how upset and angry I was over the whole situation. Now we get to the actual prac, my music teacher had helped me with my own monologue and it was perfect, yet I completely stuffed it up. I kept stumbling over my words, I couldn't keep up with my music and my actions were completely out of time. This made me so depressed because the one thing I wanted to do was show these girls that I could do it, even without they're help. But what made it worse, was how they were watching me, each one of them, except the first girl I asked and the guy she was helping. The other two were sitting there with such expressions of dislike and irritation, as if they were forced to watch me, I thought they were my friends and that they would support me, especially while I was struggling. I swore to myself that I'd never be friends with them again after the way they treated me that day. But this wasn't the first time the girl who filed the complaint has made me feel this way, earlier this year our school had our House Plays, which is a play that every house team had to produce, as it was for marks for the matrics (seniors). Now during the rehearsal process, I was cast with these two girls who were judging me, we were the only grade 11s in our house, and I had never felt so alone in my life as I was during rehearsals. Both of these girls flat out ignored me, everyday, not just during rehearsals, it was as if they hated my guts and I had no idea what happened. We had been such good friends the year before when we first started drama together, now they loath me. :tears: I remember one day, during break, I walked over to their group to ask one of my friends if they wanted to go to the tuck shop with me, she said yes. But, the girl who filed the complaint said: "Jason, why aren't you sitting with your little group?" She said it in the most sarcastic tone I have ever heard. Then I responded with: "I just came to ask Raquel if she wanted to come to the tuck shop with me, as usual.", she then gave me a disgusted look and said: "Okay, Bye Now! You Can Leave Now!". How was I supposed to react to that? Everybody in the group went quiet and I just left, didn't even go to the tuck shop with my friend. The other incident happened during rehearsals, our cast were outside, and the girl needed a script, now I had already given my script to someone else to borrow since I already knew my lines, and my script ended up being given to the girl. Now after rehearsals I go and look for my script, and when I see it in her hands I ask her if I can have my script back. She gave me one skew look, and then instantly started holding my script as if it had some sort of infectious disease and said: "Ewww! Take it!". I pretended to brush off the comment and just carry on with my day, but how was I not to be offended by this? I could have filed a complaint towards her right then because I could have interpreted that incident as a homophobic remark, the way she changed after she found out that it was my script, suddenly became disgusted in the fact that she used a script that belonged to a gay guy, and just hand it back as fast as she could. But of course, at the time I didn't think this whole mean girl act would last.

Now, back to after the exams. I was in subs with my best friend, and we were just having a general discussion and I bring up my frustration about the exam, I was worried that I had failed my exam because of how badly I fucked up. And I mentioned that I was angry at the girl who ran to the teacher. Now, in the deputy principal's office, my words got twisted entirely, I had been accused of calling the girls "Bitches" and "Cunts" because they dropped me. And all of a sudden, the girl makes a new complaint that I made a racist comment on one of my Instagram posts, now according to her, she had told me multiple times not to use the word "Nigga", yet I don't recall her ever saying that it offended her, Yes I do understand the effect that word has, and how it is not appropriate to use, but don't say that you told me multiple times to stop using it when she didn't tell me at all! And when you think that's the worst it gets, well think again. My best friend was the person who told the girl everything I supposedly said about these girls, and later my best friend files a complaint in front of me for calling her Felicia in the terms of the Urban Dictionary. Now we had made a deal in the beginning of the year that we were gonna come up with nicknames for each other, she came up with Sharkiesha for me, and I came up with Felicia for her. To this day I don't know what Sharkiesha is meant to mean, but according to Urban Dictionary and to her, I've been calling her a Bitch for 9 months. I ended up with a Friday detention and I lost one of my best friends.

After this whole incident, I kind of went on a downwards spiral. I started cutting, I had no friends, nobody would acknowledge me or speak to me. And the only thing that kept me going was makeup and music. On the day of my detention, it was a civvies day, and I had spent all morning on my makeup, I was so proud of myself. It was the best I had ever looked. But once I climbed into the car to go to school, my dad saw my makeup and had a fit. He forced me out of the car and made me wash it all off, while screaming at me from behind while I was trying to wash it all off, he had the most evil look on his face. I cannot describe how scornful he was, he came this close to actually assaulting me, I backed away as soon as I could. I went to school and immediately went to the bathroom and cried my eyes out, I felt like the whole world was against me and that the world would be a better place without me, sometimes when I think about that day I still feel like the world would be better without me. I then gathered up all the strength to go to homeroom, pay my civvies fee and wait for our first period to begin. We had art first period, now my art teacher has dealt with me in the past with all of my other bullying, so he knows when something's not right. When he left the classroom, I went to the bathroom and sobbed, and slitting my wrists in the process, after a while my teacher sent the boys to go and find me, I pretended that I wasn't there but gave up and they told me that the teacher wanted to see me. I waited about 10 min before I left the bathroom and went to see my teacher, we then went outside and I told him what happened and he let me phone my mom, I cried on the phone for about 15 min. To this day I still haven't received an apology, and nor will I ever forgive my father for what he did.

I'm already sobbing now just going through these memories again. :tears:
    And now, I find that I am feeling even lonelier than I have ever before, I hate the fact that the girls in my school find it so easy to get a boyfriend, and here I am, the only out gay kid in my school, with no chance of ever meeting someone, and trust me, I've tried meeting other gay guys. Right now I'm almost positive that me getting married or even dating someone is completely out of the picture.:tears::tears::tears:

Thank you for reading this super long vent, this is the only way I get to express myself without being judged. I would really appreciate some good advice or anything that could lift my spirits. This thread doesn't cover half of the stuff I would like to say, but I thought that I wouldn't burden you with a 5 page essay on just Bullying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_-3di1yx0

Male Streisand

2. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Please don't think about killing yourself. It's tough what you're going through but suicide is always the wrong answer. (*hug*)

Have you considered talking to your father if he would listen? Tell him about how much pain you are in. Show him your scars and tell him that he is one of the reasons you cut yourself. If he'll listen to you then that means he does care about you, at least a little.

I hope this works out for you.

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey, sometimes you need to vent. And thank you for not internalizing all this, and seeking help. I'm experiencing bullying as well, so I know how you feel. The best advice I can give you is to try not let it get to you. And you said music helps? Then find refuge in music, my friend. If you need anything or someone to talk to, post of my wall. Best of luck to ya :grin:

4. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there,

I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time, it really does not sound nice from what you've described.

I'm just a stranger on the internet but I can promise you two things:
    1. It will get better. People say that all the time, I know, but it's true. It may not feel like it right now but there is always, always hope for things to get better!
    2. There are people who love you. I don't know if you have this particular problem, but you said you felt like the world would be a better place without you, and that's a very dangerous thing to believe. To me, that sounded like you might feel like there is no one who truly loves you, but that's not true. Remember that there are people who love you, who care for you, and who don't want you to get hurt. I promise, you are loved, even if you don't always know it.

Can you talk to your arts teacher or someone else about self harm? You're going through a lot with your mother being sick and you being bullied, and there is no shame in asking for help when you need it.

Those girls at school - you don't need their approval, you don't need them to like you. You may feel like you're alone, but you're not. (*hug*)

5. killswitch0029

First off don't apologize for a long thread post, it's better to get all of your feelings out and have something lengthy than keep everything pent up and only have a few lines of text.

I'm not really quite sure how the schooling system works where you're from, but I'm assuming that since you said 'grade 11' that you're nearing the end. With that in mind, even if my assumption is incorrect, remember that eventually these girls that you're dealing with will no longer be a part of your life and in turn, won't be directly interacting with you or impacting you in anyway.

As for the cutting.... I can relate and can provide a bit of advice. When I was off doing it myself and got to the point where I was desperate to try and put a stop to it, writing in a journal really helped me out. It not only got my thoughts out of my mind, but sometimes even just rough scribbling/stabbing the paper with the pen helped get some of the aggression out of my system. As BisexualBatman said telling your dad could be one route to getting some help for it.... but based off what you've written about him, given that it's all the information I know about him, the effectiveness of it is just one big grey area. Not that I'm trying to dissuade you from letting him know, I'm just saying try to use your best judgment before doing so. Like Mariana said, talking to your teacher may help. I say may because confidentiality laws might obligate him to tell your parents.

Being alone; keep in mind that you're still very young and have loads of time to find someone to make you happy. Until then you just gotta keep your head up and know that once you get out of this funk and all these negative people become irrelevant in your life, you'll be able to put better focus into this aspect of your life.

Just remember that we're here for ya when you need to vent. Just keep your chin up and plow through all the bullshit (*hug*)

6. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're correct with how my schooling system works, right now I wish I didn't have to deal with this kind of drama. My mother always warned me that the girls in high school are bitches, and she's right. I hate the fact that I can express myself the way I wish I could with these people, I'm so self conscious and I always shy away from people, but in actual fact, I love to socialize with people, but only people I trust. And that's one thing I've found difficult to obtain, somebody I can trust with anything.

With my dad, it's either his way, or no way at all. He is extremely stubborn. He knows that I used to cut, he doesn't know that I still do. And quite frankly, I don't care if he does apologize, or if he tries to make an effort. That look in his eyes when he was screaming at me showed me his true colours, he is okay with the idea of me being gay, but when he has to see it, it's him having to face the reality of it.

I understand how much time I still have left, but with the way my health is, I might not last till 25. I have Shearman's disease, pectus carinatum, and gout. Now I know that this might not seem like a lot, but all of these combined is one super disease, I feel like an old man sometimes, I can never walk properly because of my back, my chest is in constant pain due to my surgery, and the gout is something I can't control. God knows what's still left for me, and I fear that one day I just won't be able to get up, and I'll be bound to my bed, not that that's a bad thing, but still.

I really don't know why I felt like I needed to say that last bit.. That's weird. :bang:

Anyways, thank you for replying and providing me with advice. Right now I feel like I need to be alone at school, not trying to socialize with people who don't want to be my friend. I might actually go and speak to my art teacher, I remember back in grade 9, I spoke with him and he knew I wasn't out to my parents, so he didn't say anything to them, so I know he won't tell them anything that I wouldn't want them knowing. And I definitely don't need my mom knowing any of this, she's stressed as it is and the more stress she gets the worse she feels.:frowning2::frowning2::frowning2:

Male Streisand

7. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Male Streisand,

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a tough time at school but I'm glad you are back on EC and not keeping it all bottled up. The girls you know at school are really out of order - treating you that way and making reacting the way they do. I think you might want to consider putting in a complaint with the school if they do something again - depending on how much longer the school term is. You are off to university next year is that right? I'm sorry I don't have much more advice about the bullying - its difficult primarily because you can easily change school and it may not be worth it if you are nearly finished. In keeping with the advice the others have given, speak to you art teacher and ask his advice about how to deal with the bullying or if he can suggest someone in authority to speak to.

You will meet people who will accept you as an out gay man - I know that must seem like a million years away right now but you just have to hang in there. They will also be understanding about your medical conditions and they don't define you. As EC shows you there are people around who can appreciate you as an individual rather than treating you on the basis of prejudice and trying to be a popular kid.

I'm sorry if this isn't helpful but I'm really glad you decided to speak about whats bothering you on EC - keep doing so, we want to hear how you are doing and do what we can to help. I'll sign off with by reiterating, speak to you art teacher and see if he can help with the bullying - I hope he can. Hope venting on here has helped a bit. Wishing you well.

8. TheRightThing

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Male Streisand,
    I can't say I know what you'regoing through but I know you're too important to think about ending your life. I know life gets extremely hard and sometimes without any exit. Their isn't anything I can say that you already haven't heard. But, don't put the amazing future you have for yourself to an end based on the actions of other people. I know it's a lot and it's very tough but know that you a always have a family here that's always loving and supportive.
    I wish you nothing but the best and lots of love!

9. Asking

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, sorry, I'm pretty useless in most of these matters but I'd like to address the one with your friends: if they're jerks tell them to go to hell. As for your dad, that I really can't imagine. I mean, my dad yells if we screw up since he know it works and we don't get that offended, but wouldn't come anywhere near assaulting us. I'd just say remember that they're wrong, nothing that's happening is to your own fault as you're doing everything right and that you're better since if you ruled the world you'd make an island dedicated to marshmallows and quiddich. By the way your nickname seems appropriate based on what I heard.

10. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    MaleStreisand,

I'm so sorry you're going through this emotional pain. Please don't think about harming yourself.

The world would be different without you. You do matter, you do make a difference, and you do bring something to the world that only you can bring. Please don't take that gift away from us.

Life is so wonderful, and at times it's really painful. We go through such extremes of emotion, but without those extremes we wouldn't have beauty. "Up" can only be defined by not being "down", light from dark, joy from pain. You may be experiencing this for the first time in life, and it's a challenging lesson on your way to adulthood.

Please find a supportive person to talk to if this feeling of wanting to harm yourself persists. It helps so much to talk about these things. And of course, keep writing here.

I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts. Please remember that you affect others more than you know, and know that there are people thinking of you from far away.

*warm, loving embrace*

Patrick
    Seattle, WA