1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The cute new girl?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ConnectedToWall, Sep 20, 2016.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, there's this new girl at my school, and we have two classes together. She sits next to me in one, but we've barely talked, and every time we have talked it's been her who has initiated it--ironically sometimes I'll think of a way to talk to her, and then she'll use the excuse I was thinking of to talk to me. I just need to get the courage to start a real conversation with her. One of the problems is that I also sit next to one of my friends in that class, so today, I asked a general question and she took a breath like she was about to answer but my friend answered first. When I'm around her I forget what I planned on saying. Help?

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is this someone you plan on pursuing romantically? Just be yourself, you don't need an excuse to talk to someone. Just do it. Maybe just start with complimenting something she's wearing, or her hair.

3. killswitch0029

If she's initiating conversation it shows she has some form of interest in you, not necessarily sexual interest, but still. Like what clusergazelle said, keep it simple.

4. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If I were you I would start with basic conversation topics like your class or things like that. The first time you'll initiate the talk it may be a little hard but then you'll see she's just as easy to talk to as anyone. Good luck.

5. perpetuality

Complain about maths. Failsafe.

6. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    These are all really good ideas. I'm hoping to become her friend first just so I can figure out more if it's possible that she likes girls before pursuing her romantically. The thing is, the class we have together is art class, so people get pretty quiet when they're in the flow of drawing and I guess I just don't want to startle her into messing up her work or something. She seems very quiet like I am. I don't know why, but even though I myself am quiet I always find it hard to come up with things to say to people who are also quieter like me.