1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward and Bitter around friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RavenWing, Sep 21, 2016.

1. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A little background:
    My friend and I have been friends for about a month, and we ended up dating for a total of three days. I broke it off because it just didn't feel right and all, but we still remained friends. However, when I'm around them, I get all bitchy and awkward and I don't know why. They still say they have feelings for me, and I have a small crush on them, but I don't want to to evolve into anything larger than that because of A. my insecurities and B. I'm too freaking young to be in a relationship and I want to wait until I am more mature. It's gets weird because they keep flirting with me and making sexual jokes and all, and I don't know how to respond to them. I need some advice. It's getting stressful and confusing. :help:

2. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, I've been in a similar situation, maybe I can help?

How do you feel about the comments your friend makes? From what you've written it sounds as if you're not really ready for a relationship, in which case comments like that would make a lot of people in your position fairly uncomfortable.

Do you remember who started the relationship? Perhaps if it was your friend then you might be feeling a bit resentful towards them. Even though my "friend" and I were never in a relationship, I find it awkward when she calls me "hot" or "sexy" or whatever simply because of what happened. So, maybe you're unconsciously annoyed at your friend for acting kind of flirtatiously towards you when you're not ready for a relationship?

Obviously I don't know how comfortable you are with your friend, but if you could ask them to stop making comments like that, perhaps that could help a bit?