1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have to give up on my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Billy the kid, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my best friend is half my age, he is bi and I am gay. We formed a great friendship from the start. I feel that I can't live without him and am truly in love with him. I would love to be more intimate with him but he doesn't want to. I am trying to come to the realization that we should only be friends but it is killing me. I feel so damn depressed, they say love wins but my new motto is love loses. They also say if you want something to never give up. I am so sad. The thought of just giving up and cutting ties with him is so overwhelming . Can't things just end like in the movies where everyone lives happily ever after? I am broken

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The fact of the matter is this...you said that he does not want to be intimate with you and therefore...you have no choice but to move on and let go. If someone told me that they do not look at me or want me in the same way as I do them then I would have no choice but to respect their feelings and just focus on establishing a platonic relationship. If you find this would still be a problem because you can't let go of your feelings for him then yes...you should let him go totally because its a waste of time and a waste of energy on your part.