1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Friend Leaves Me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by waterworks88, Sep 24, 2016.

1. waterworks88

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, everyone :tears:

My very best friend, who has told me everything, and I tell HER everything, is the first person I told about me questioning my gender.

I was super scared. Then, she told me I'm "doing it for attention" and that I am just confused. She's pansexual, so I didn't expect her to react that way.

I just don't know what to do :icon_redf

2. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She isn't worth your tears and frustration if she responded to your coming out as questioning like that. I would end the friendship and go your separate ways. I know that it isn't easy and that it is difficult to end a friendship that used to be strong, but if this continues it could affect you and your confidence in yourself dramatically. Saying that you're "doing it for attention" and that you're "just confused" is extremely rude, bigoted, and extremely unsympathetic. That kind of behavior from a person who is supposed to be your best friend is unacceptable.
    Stay strong, you'll get through this. If you ever need any help with anything, feel free to message me or ask in a new thread. I'll try my best to help out, and I know that other people will, too.
    Good luck on this crazy journey of life~ (*hug*)

#2 RavenWing, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  3. HuskyLover

Maybe her statement was just a mistake... something she said because she was extremely stressed/caught up by something else? You could always talk to her and ask why she thinks that you're doing it for attention. If she truly feels like that, you could just choose to ignore what she said because it doesn't affect who you are, it's just her opinion.