1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speculations Towards my Sexuality...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Come as You Are, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Come as You Are

My class is starting to get hints of me being a 1% bisexual, or whatever that is called. I started to act a "little" homophobic so that they would stop hinting on stuff (sorry guys). It was because me and my gay friend are starting to get serious, the problem is we're also getting a little obvious. What should I do? Should I continue to hide it or should I just go with the flow? Most of the kids despise gays. Well, specifically the flirty ones. The ones who go around the school and give oral sex to anyone they want. I don't think they'll understand the 1% percent bisexual thing. The mindset that they have is if you like even one same sex person, you're gay. If you don't you're straight. It's either straight or gay. My mom also thinks this way. She was in denial, a common defensive mechanism for people who are not yet ready to accept. What should I do?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you're dealing with a pretty homophobic environment. If that's the case, it may or may not be comfortable or safe for you to come out - or just not to fight it when they suggest that you're gay.

You're obviously out to your gay friend, so that's good. Is there anyone else you could come out to, that you would trust to talk about it? It might help to find as many people as you can that you *would* feel comfortable around, and start there.

Plus, the more people you know and are out to, the less time you'll have to spend pretending to be 100% straight, etc.