1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being played

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Psygirl007, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Psygirl007

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm new here! I need advice. I'm straight but curious. Me and this girl have been following each other's blog for while, about a month ago I got tagged by her to do a selfie challenge. So I did. She pm me saying she thought I was so pretty, I said thanks etc. then she put her pic up.i was immediately attracted to her physically, I was liked her personality from her blog. One day we were talking and I jokingly said if I was going to crush on a girl it would be you. She repiled me too. We kept talking , she is bi, I mentioned I was curious , she said she found me very attractive , as well as smart etc. she shared a little of her experimenting with girls , so I asked a question . The next day I got a pm asking if I wanted my question answered in a generalized way or specific to me ? I was like what do you mean ? She was like I can if you want what I would like to do to you , given a chance . So she pretty bluntly told me. It didn't bother me , intrigued me. About a week later we were talking again she said its to bad we live far apart and will never get to see how things would go in person. I was like well maybe if we keep getting to know each other I could cost on vacation sometime, she wants too. She told me that it's not just a physical attraction for her , that she has experiment with girls, but has never been attracted to a girl on so many different levels before . Now this is were it gets tricky. I've been trying to get to know her as a person , I pm her once a week, general topics, if she response back at all it takes her a week or more. I just asked her one day if I'm bothering her, she says no , but she never on her own pm and ask me anything to get to know me , I just flat said maybe I need to take a step back , since I'm the only one trying to talk , she said I'm a very blunt person and I psychoanalyze everyone , I think your being insecure , I've told you how much I like you and it's not a phase for me, I just think you can't accept someone liking you that way, she said when I'm on my blog I'm multitasking going some editing on friends work, and answering my question box , it does give me allot of time to chat to people( I guessing that includes me) if you feel you need to back of its up to you, just don't do it because you think I'm not interested in you because that's so not the case. I backed off , I don't expect to hear from her on her own, I don't know why she bothered telling me all that just to ignore me . Any advice would be great , I feel very very dumb , maybe she lied about being attracted

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like from the start she was up front about being concerned about the distance (saying it was too bad you were so far away from each other, and so on). I would take her at her word - it may just be too far for her. Sometimes people are genuinely attracted to someone, but don't want to get into a relationship for a variety of reasons - this may be one of those times. I would suggest trying to move on.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also think different people have different response times. I almost always respond immediately once I've seen a message, not just with my girlfriend but my friends or whoever but I have friends who are rubbish at returning messages even though it's not because they don't want to talk to me. I'm not saying you should pursue it just not to look too deeply into it. I don't think she is playing you I just think she probably doesn't see anything really serious coming from it because of the distance and is perhaps just someone who doesn't reply that quickly. I suppose it depends what you are expecting or hoping for from it. If you think you will end up too attached then maybe backing off is the best thing but if not maybe just enjoy it for what it is, some flirting and banter.

4. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    People say all sorts of stupid stuff online because they can basically.
    If I were you I'd forget about her and try to meet people in real life who you can get to know better and form some decent connections with.

5. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She was probably attracted to you, but why didn't she respond to your messages? Or why did it take her so long to respond?

Why did you tell her you need to take step back? You mean you need to step back your feelings for her?

6. Psygirl007

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi , thanks for the advice , there is so much more to it now, than when that was posted. Basically she pm me told me that she's told me numerous times why she can't talk a lot , very slow to respond or pm me first , she has a lot going on with work load, stuff she promised other people she would do for them etc that has to come first, I need not get offended. I said ok, then I go and do something stupid and put in a on that if I ever heard from her I'd be schocked. I know it came off mean, I didn't mean it that way , she pm the next day saying how she can't believe I made that comment about if I hear from her, knowing the reason she is busy , if that's the way I want to be then. I she's not interested , I replied back that I didn't think when I sent it , it sounded that way , I'm sorry it did, that for now I'm give her her space to do what she's working on, I hope that maybe we can start over , when she's less busy etc. she responded Next day in not ignoring you, I didn't say forget about it, just out right now, I think she meant not right now ??? The last pm , does it sound like she might still be interested , I doing no contact for a few weeks, see if she might still be interested, I did make a big deal out of the not much communication with her, any thoughts, from what I know of her she is a very upfront person in a almost harsh way, she judgeses easily .

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know her better than me but she sounds like a what you see is what you get kind of girl. I think if you like talking to her, then you should talk to her and just enjoy it, without expecting anything. I think if you don't think you can do that then you shouldn't talk to her but if you can then send her a message and say your sorry for overanalysing stuff and can you start afresh.

8. Psygirl007

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm waiting a few weeks to pm her, can anyone shed light on what she meant by I'm not ignoring you, I didn't say forget it, just out or (not) right now??? In response to my apology for saying what I did about her non communication etc? When I do pm what would be a good way to word starting over with communication, if there is any mutual attraction left ?? She is a very picky person ?