1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Right To Feel The Way I Do About This??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JonSomebody, Sep 26, 2016.

1. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Allow me to try to condense this story as much as possible but giving the specifics of the story for you to understand my feelings.

My youngest sister and I had dinner yesterday and throughout the five hours that we were together...she talked about all of our siblings in a very negative way. This is something I did not have an issue with because her perception of each of our siblings is very appropriate especially when they have displayed this behavior for so many years now. As I've mentioned in a previous thread...my siblings are very homophobic and have been very distant towards me for years and considers me the black sheep of the family. This is something that I have accepted and embraced over the years and respect because I do not have to be around them so its cool with me.

However, ...I was playing around with my new smartphone and had put her phone number on my contact list and I happen to hit the wrong button and her phone number started ringing. I answered and told her what I was doing. I noticed from her voice that something was wrong. Therefore, I questioned her about this. She went on to say that she had spoken with my older sister earlier today and she had suggested that myself, my sister Robin and my other older sister Cheryl meet and consider purchasing this huge condominium together and how it would be very beneficial for each of us financially if we consider doing this. (My lease is up for renewal at the end of next month).

When my younger sister bought this to my attention...I immediately got upset and was very disappointed with her because she was basically trying to persuade me to give it some thought. My response to her was ...why would you even consider this arrangement when I have not spoken to neither one in quite some time and when I did ...it did not end well on their part...not mine. To make matters worst...not only did the both of them let it be known that they found me to be an embarrassment to the family ...but they do not get along with each other as well. Furthermore, its no secret how they feel about me being a gay man so why would I benefit from this arrangement and the way you talked about each sibling yesterday at dinner and now all of a sudden...you have a change of heart within a matter of a day as if I have no reason to have the feelings that I have??
    Also...neither one of those siblings like her and have let it be known over the years and everytime she speaks to one of them it ends in an argument or her being upset.

She responded that we all are family and we need to start getting along with each other and if she was not married..she would definitely consider the arrangement even though she is quite aware that her and those siblings do not get along. It's very difficult to change a situation in later years that have been going on for me since I was 20 years old.

I did not comprehend with this because why would you want to move in with people who you do not get along with for financial gains especially when you know that within a matter of a few days...you will have a falling out with all the parties involved because you do not get along with each other. Do this make sense to any of you and do you think that I am out of line for feeling the way that I do about this being brought to my attention? Furthermore, this is the third time since June that my younger sister have turned tables on me and supported the siblings that she claim that she has issues with and how she would never betray or cast me aside for any of them and yet...I feel betrayed by her because if she feels she needs to have a certain loyalty to them then I have given her plenty of chances to end our relationship. Thanks in advance for your responses...JS

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with you Jon. I can't imagine the challenges you've been facing in your family. I was able to come out to mine with love and support from all of them, so it's really sad to read your story.

It's terribly frustrating to have your sister do a 180 here. It doesn't make sense to me. It sounds like maybe they put some kind of pressure on her and she caved. Is this sister normally swayed easily?

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes she is and for years...we did not have anything to do with each other until everything backfired on her and everyone was giving her grief and now she needed someone in her corner for support which got us to start talking again. Then...she did the exact same thing to me back in July and she stopped speaking to me for a little over a month. Therefore, it had been not to long ago that we had connected again and for her to do this to me again so soon just pissed me off to no end.:tantrum: