1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She seems like the one but we aren't compatible sexually

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pinky, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Pinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like I have found the one. As a person, I love her. I never thought I would find someone like her. I feel like it is hard for me to find a person I want to spend the rest of my life with but I feel like she is it.

She is gray-sexual and I am bisexual. Her interest in sex is pretty much non existence. In her eyes sex is not needed in a relationship. I view sex as an intimate bond and needed for a normal healthy relationship.

I feel like no matter the outcome of us being together or not...I will always see her as my soulmate and it is frustrating going back and forth wanting someone so bad but knowing you can't have them because it will never work out. Any advice?

2. Toci92

As an asexual who is not much interested in sex (dating someone who is the opposite), I definitely think sexual comparability is something that is important in a relationship. My gf is constantly hounding me for sex and gets upset that we don't have it enough and our relationship has seriously deteriorated. I think that, as much as you two might care about each other, you should find someone who feels similarly about sex as you do. You don't want her to resent you for making her feel compelled to have sex when she doesn't want to, nor do you want to end up resenting her for the lack of intimacy in your relationship.

3. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's a tough situation, you can't force her to something she's not that interested in anymore than she can ask you to give it up. It's up to you to know if it's somehting you can compromise about. If you feel like she's your soulmate, is sex something you could consider not as important as being with her. Sorry it's not very helpful but I feel you're the only one who can figure it out. But like Toci said, be sure that you won't end up resenting her if you choose to stay with her despite her lack of interest in sex.