1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i falling in too deep again?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nero360, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So is a new fresh start at my school. And we have this new student. After one week he immeditly got how things worked and function like any other student. The past 2 weeks have been very confusing though. We randomly have these staring sessions and they get kinda akward. Yesterday he tried to get my attention then when i looked at him he said "is it getting hot in here or what?" After that i immediatly turn away in oddly felt that feeling you get with embarrassment. Idk if he into me or what. I know he's straight bcuz he always talks about girls, like 24/7. More than any other student on my class. Another thing is he does that type of thing every once in awhile which has made me confirm my suspections. :dry: I do like him, but idk why i always feel uncomfortable around him.:eusa_doh: any ideas of whats going on here?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Nero360,

It’s definitely not usual for a straight guy to stare into another guy’s eyes for any length of time unless it is a challenge – a stare-down, to see who blinks or looks away first. From what you describe, it doesn’t sound like he’s trying to stare you down. It does kind of sound like he may be in to you. You probably know that a lot of gay/bi guys that are in the closet talk about girls a lot as a cover, so the fact that he talks about girls 24/7 isn’t necessarily and indicator one way or the other.

Does he smile at you when he engages you in either talk or these staring sessions? Have you smiled at him? Have you tried holding his gaze, smiling, and just waiting to see what he does?

You described your feelings as awkward, embarrassed, and uncomfortable. Can you clarify what you are feeling? Are you uneasy because you think he may like you? Are you uneasy because you may have feelings for him? Are you uneasy because you think he may like you, but you don’t feel that way about him?

If you think you like him, why not try to start by just seeing if you can make him your friend? See if you have common interests or hobbies. If you have something in common, maybe see if he’s interested in hanging out with you. Then you could see where it goes from there.

Just some thoughts.

Take Care. Stay strong and proud!:slight_smile:

#2 Quantumreality, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  3. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the uneasy feeling may come from self doubt, and disbelief of somebody who talks about girls soooo much to be into me. It confuses me so i try to stay away so I wont end up hurting myself. (Btw im not out). Also there was this time he mention about how so many people are bi. But i took it as a general discussion.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, not to say that it is necessarily the case here, but people who are hiding something tend to overemphasize the opposite thing. For example, some to the most outspoken and vicious homophobes I've known were in the closet themselves. Similarly, why does he talk about girls SO MUCH? Is he really just using that as a shield to hide his own sexuality? Is he bi and scared that he has feelings for guys, too, so he pretends to himself and the world that he just straight by focusing on girls? Only he could really answer those questions.

I understand that you aren't Out. But, like I said, if you are interested in him, what would it hurt to try to make him a friend? The better you get to know him, the better you may understand whether or not he might be a bf prospect (if that interests you) or just a friend or maybe you two won't have anything in common and will just be acquaintances.

As far as his comment about a lot of people being bi is concerned, without knowing the context in which he said that, it's hard to apply any direct implications from that statement.

Does any of this help with your concerns?

#4 Quantumreality, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  5. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. It really lets me conclude things. We actually have alot of the same intrests which make me like him even more. But i just have this really unconfortable feeling around him so its gonna take awhile. But im sure i can get there. (>_<)

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it, Nero360. Good friends are worth having regardless of whether they may end up being bfs...:thumbsup:

7. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So things have actually jumped a little. Now we are touchy and sit closer to each other. I wonder if he knows. He randomly says my name aswell. My only problem. Is that even if he is bi, gay, whatever. He's showing it a bit to much, and its making me feel uncomfortable. As now it feels like other kids in our class are catching on. Also the thing is we dont talk. We rarely do. But were pretty touch during gym. Especially after a game of soccer. Also we dont hang out, outside of school and we dont have any other contact besides school. What im wondering is this a normal friendship? Its it normally this akward? (P.S i think im going to keep updating how things go.)

#7 Nero360, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  8. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, Nero360, from my point of view, that is definitely NOT a normal guy-to-guy friendship. If he is making you uncomfortable, you should confront him - likewise if you feel an attraction to him, your clearest option is to tell him (ideally in private so as not to potentially embarrass either one of you). The constant touching part is a key indicator that he really may like you 'that way.' But whether he is willing to consciously acknowledge his 'gayness' is up to him. If he isn't willing to admit an attraction to you, you pretty much should just make a point of cutting him off - i.e. telling him outright to stop touching you. His inability to deal with his sexuality would only complicate your life and you don't deserve that. On the flip side, if he's willing to open up to you about his attraction to you, you could proceed from there together as potential bfs.:slight_smile:

And, yes, sometimes for those of us who engage in non-heterosexual relationships, it can, unfortunately be that awkward. But you have to do what your heart and your mind tell you is the best option for you.

#8 Quantumreality, Sep 29, 2016
  9. faustian1

Well Nero, like Quantum I can't claim to reverse-engineer your acquaintance's feelings for you, one way or the other.

What I can do is relate how whether a person talks about girls, or what their favorite sexual topic is, usually is at some point an inverse indicator. The more they talk, the more you can doubt.

For example, when I was working for a company for quite some time, I spent quite a bit of time with a coworker, who was a redneck from Alabama. I could literally time him like a watch--it would take him, when he had an audience, less than five minutes to steer the conversation to the subject of homosexuals, particularly those he referred to as "butt pirates," and a host of other colorful terms. It was relentless. In fact, he was the person that made me realize that the more a guy talks that way about homosexuals, the more likely he is one.

On the other hand, some people aren't comfortable ranting about homsexuals, so they go out of their way to sound like heterosexual sex addicts. It crosses a line, where it starts to intrude into nearly every conversation about whatever topic. It's then that you know there might be something interesting going on.

So yeah, he might be staring at you because he has some kind of sensory handicap, or perhaps because he likes you. He might be touchy because he wants to feel closer to you, or not. But as has already been suggested, if he has redeeming qualities, you should explore a friendship with him. Good friends are hard to find. And who knows? You might become comfortable with that penetrating gaze of his, wherever the motivation for it may come from.

#9 faustian1, Sep 29, 2016
  10. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So update. Today he seemed completly normal. No touching, no frequnt refrences to me or my name. He seemed just like all my other friends at this point so, idk, he's a mystery to me. Maybe he realized he was making me feel uncomfortable. Regardless, he's a friend@faustian1 He actually talks about how he dates girl left and right. And literally talks about sex with them during class. That too makes me really uncomfortable.

11. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Nero360,

Maybe he realized what he was doing yesterday was weird or perhaps, like you said, he realized that it made you uncomfortable. If he really is attracted to you he probably won't be able to help himself and will end up doing it again...

Have you actually seen him date any of these girls he talks about all the time?

12. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As for the qualitys i like. He likes anime, video games, soccer, competition, and manga. He's also's really hot. And funny.

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2016 at 12:32 PM ----------

@Quantumreality yeah. He's even madeout in the hallway

13. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm...

Well, sounds like you probably just want to stay the course for now and be friends with him, eh?

But it sounds like you will have to deal with his constant talk of gfs and hetero sex.

You might want to think about what you would/could say to him if he does end up getting flirty with you again in the future.

Good luck!:slight_smile:

14. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok update. He's back to being touch and when we went back to class he sat next to me. Kept sliding his hand on my shoulder.(i kinda liked it). Then he tried to cuff hold my hand and i pulled it away(hoping nobody saw) So my question is, is he bi/interested in me?

15. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nero,

I'd have to refer you back to my earlier post.

Of course he could be bi - or even gay, making out with a girl in the hallway could be putting on a show - and his touching does indicate interest in you, but he may not be willing to acknowledge it consciously, even to himself.

But only he can tell you any of this for sure. What do you want to do?

16. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im gonna go out with him on michief night. And get his social and stuff. So we can contact to meet up on that day. And from there on time will tell. I'm gonna ask him if he wants to go trick or treating with me then to a party after.

17. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds like a good plan, Nero360. The more time you can spend with him hanging out one-on-one outside of school, the more open he is likely to be and the better you should be able to evaluate his intentions towards you (friend or bf).

Good luck!:slight_smile:

18. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So today he sat next to me in every class. But acted normal. No touching, no playing or anything like that. I like this better. :slight_smile: Keep this going to the 30th and things should be looking good.

19. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, Nero360, is your main concern about him touching you like that in class centered around your classmates finding out about you? Because if the two of you become bfs, he's likely going to want to be at least as openly affectionate towards you in class, if not more. And in the meantime (between now and the 30th), from the way you've described his behavior, he's almost certainly going to act that way again towards you in class.

20. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah pretty much. The thing is. If we start hangout alot and really get acquainted. I wouldn't care what he does in class. But I really want to get to know him better and know if he's trustable.