1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wasting my first kiss???

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tay98, Sep 29, 2016.

1. tay98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay so this is embarrassing, but i've never kissed anyone. When i was younger i wanted my first kiss to be with someone special. But now i don't know...
    I'm 18 and i still haven't been in a relationship or kissed anyone and i'm kinda desperate. I just really want to make out with someone.
    So i have this friend who is also bi and she said she's got a crush on me. Do you think it would be a bad idea to make out with her? i'm not attracted to her AT ALL but she's the only person i know who would actually want to kiss me.
    Do you think i'll regret it? Should i save my first kiss for someone i'm actually attracted to?
    Help i'm desperate and i don't know what to do...

2. Come as You Are

Not actually "wasting" your first kiss with your friend. Maybe just think it through for a little bit. In my opinion, I really think your first kiss is really special. You should enjoy it with someone you actually love, not sexually, but love in any way the person is.

I'm not telling you to not kiss her, it's your choice. What I'm saying is maybe enjoy it with someone you actually love since you stated that you're not attracted to her at all. Think it through. :slight_smile:

3. robclem21

I think you should take a second and think how you would feel if you were in her situation and she did that to you, rather than how you feel.

4. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I'm here with my opinion, I was 19 when I got my first kiss, it was a bandmate, and even though he was straight, he did it as a favour. I was also sick of never having had a proper kiss. It was nice and I liked it. A few months later, I would meet this incredibly awesome guy, and I made out with him after attending a marriage equality rally. That experience, by itself, was incredibly and it made the first kiss feel like kissing a friend on the cheek.

So, even though I had "wasted" my first kiss, when it properly happened, it didn't cheapen it at all. It was pretty incredible in its own right, even if it wasn't the first. Personally, it didn't affect me at all.

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I think people should kiss whoever they want to kiss. Whether It's special to them or not.

The only reason I see this being a bad idea is her crush on you. If you're not attracted to or interested in her, you're basically using her and may end up breaking her heart. I would strongly advise against this as she might think there could be something more.

There are plenty of gay/bi people at bars, or even curious straight women who make out with girls casually if that's what you want. If you want it to be special, there are plenty of other women you can be attracted to.

6. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    There's no age for the first kiss, I wouldn"t force it just to get it out of the way. You should wait until you meet someone you really feel like kissing. It's something you most likely will remember all your life, so let it mean something.

7. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say don't kiss her.

Not because it's your first kiss ( I have had mine with a random guy in a club, ironically it's been one of my best to date. lol) but because this girl has a crush on you and you can't just play with her feelings. She may well tell you it's okay and all that, but I really think you should think about the impact it could have on her, considering that you have no feelings whatsoever for her. How would you feel if the person you liked kissed you just because they were "desperate"? I doubt that would be a very nice feelings, would it ? So my policy is always not to do anything to someone you wouldn't like happening to yourself.

You are only 18, if you are that desperate to kiss, I am sure many (and I mean MANY!) will volunteer but I would avoid doing it with your friend.

Also, as someone who've kissed many people, I don't think there is anything "wrong" with kissing a stranger or someone you have no feelings for for your first kiss but you need to keep in mind it won't be the same as kissing someone you like. If you feel more than ready to kiss though and wants to do it, definitely go for it, but make sure the other person is on the same page as you (to avoid possible heartbreak and unecessary drama.)

Good luck and enjoy! :wink:

8. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would also recommend not kissing her. First as some have mentioned above, your friend has a crush on you and the kiss might complicate her feelings and the situation. Secondly, it's perfectly fine to kiss a stranger or someone you are not in love with, but it should be with someone you feel attracted to on some level. Otherwise, it's just going to be like handshakes and there's really no point. If the other girl was also just in your situation and wanted to experience the physical aspect of kissing, I'd say just go for it, but since she has a crush on you, it's best not to. What matters isn't whether you've kissed or not, but the experience that comes with it. You will find someone in the near future who you'd share a great kiss with, and that's all that really matters.