1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breakup did not go well!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by anthonybg, Sep 30, 2016.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

Here's the backstory: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/222708-how-end-relationship.html

After I read the comments you've left on my previous topic I gathered up the courage to tell him the truth. I told him what I felt and he flipped out. He started cursing me, accusing me of playing with his feelings and making fun out of them even though none of that is true. I guess everyone would have a similar reaction, especially after being told such things from their partner. But I didn't want to hurt his feelings and that's why I never stopped lying that I loved him. But now I realize that the longer you're with someone, the more attached they become and it hurts much more, especially after you've taken your relationship to another level. I know he's hurt, we're no longer friends on social media and in real life but I had to be honest and get if off my chest. I do feel hurt as well, don't think of me as the careless heart-breaker who never gets attached to anyone. But I only loved his as a friend and nothing more.

But why do I care so much?

2. robclem21

You feel guilty, but this is pretty much what I thought would happen. Ending a relationship is hard, but I don't think anyone here sees you that way. People say things when they are hurt they don't really feel or mean. It will get better with a bit of time.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not a bad person. As you can see now, It's better to be honest sooner rather than later as these reactions can happen. Just take it as a learned experience so you know that the next time.

But, as I'll repeat, you aren't a bad person for what you did. You were finally honest and that's a good thing. I'm sure it's difficult for you to lose a good friend even though you didn't see him that way.

4. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

Thank you so much for the advice, guys! I'm glad that there are good people out there willing to help those struggling with making tough decisions.