1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giving money to your lesbian partner?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sysiiloves, Oct 1, 2016.

1. sysiiloves

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What do you think about giving some portion of your salary money to your lesbian wife? But when you dont give her enough, she gets moody.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I think that each relationship can be slightly different depending on how much each person earns and your circumstances. I don't think it would be strange for married people to give each other money but that doesn't mean she should get moody. I think it depends on the circumstances. I have a long term girlfriend, we are not married but have just bought a flat together. At the moment I am not working as I have been working on the flat so we have been sharing her money, but when I get a job again I will pay my share of things.

3. Toci92

Well, in a marriage, depending on the laws where you live, most of the property and finances are communal, and so giving money to your spouse (especially if that spouse doesn't work) isn't unusual. I give money on occasion to my live in girlfriend when she needs it (for textbooks, to pay her bills, etc) but I'm not obligated to give her money, and she certainly has no right to get moody about it.

I think that if your wife is getting moody, you need to have a conversation with her. Tell her that while you do not mind giving her money for things she needs (unless you do mind, in which case you should have a completely different conversation), your giving her money is just that, a gift, and it upsets you that her only response is to get mad or pouty when she feels she hasn't been given enough.

4. sysiiloves

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Toci92, thank you for your reply. Appreciate your advice. I will think about how i should discuss with her of this issue.