1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am scared to tell how crazy I am on her because she's my friend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lora, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am married and inloved with my friend. I am married to a man and have 2 kids. My husband knew from the start about my sexuality. Although, I've been in a monogamous relationship, I don't have a problem if I want to have a relationship with a woman since my husband fully accepts me.

My friend and I have just known for a year at work. I think and feel that she's my soulmate friend who I can spend hours of time and cannot be bothered about the time that flies. We just clicked. The trouble is, recently, I've just realized that I have feelings for her. That changed 360 degrees my life as she's always in my mind in a different view. I want to kiss her. I want to make love with her. I want her completely. Both of us are bisexuals. I am so crazy about her...I think I'm inloved with her. I'm dropping hints but she's not reciprocating. I am scared to tell her directly as I don't want to scare her and run away from our friendship. I really value our friendship. But I am going nuts!

2. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Lora,

Whoa this is intense.
    The last time I felt I was going to explode with the electricity I could feel with the slightest skin contact was around 4 years ago. I was already in a relationship with my husband back then, but it was not yet that serious. I never got to pursue that with my close friend though, I was a scaredy cat.

Anyway, I honestly don't know how to deal with that, I can only imagine how it might be a whirlwind of emotions for you. You know being married and inlove with your friend.
    Is it possible that she maybe isn't reciprocating because she doesn't want to mess your marriage up? There's inhibition in her part and maybe you can dig into that without forcing things.
    Hope you figure things out.

3. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. I know. First time to experience this in my entire 7 years with my husband, though. I had never looked at women before like how I looked at some guys. I am probably 90/20 Hushhh. That's life. Very random. She just came along in my life in a very unpredictable way. I have other closed friends and bestfriends but never developed this kind of feeling with any of them. It just happened. I fall for her.

You may be right that she's not reciprocating because she doesn't want to mess up, although, she knew that I am free to have inimacy with women as I am open to my husband. You see, I know that we can't be a couple. It's unfair for me to ask that. Maybe what I'm looking for is a little bit of same mutual feelings from her? You know what I mean? Even a little bit of knowledge that she's into me, too. I don't know...Maybe it's more of me feeling shit because I fall for her when all I wanted her for was to be my friend forever. As in forever like as we grow old.

4. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's what I wanted too with my bestfriend. I still want to be her bestfriend, but life has brought us apart. I've known her forever and we have a lot of other girlfriends, but I didn't feel the same towards the others, not even in fantasies.
    But I was younger and stupid that time, didn't handle the signs we were sending each other well.

Anyway, don't know how you could take it easy, I'd be nuts too if I were in your shoes. :wink:
    Well maybe if you give it time then maybe she'll figure out her way around it, and for you as well.

Is she involved with someone else? And how long have you felt this way for her?
    Can you expound on the 90/20? :slight_smile:

5. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh that's a mistake. 80/20. 80% straight, 20% gay.

She's not involved yet. She's seeing a guy just recently. Not serious. I'm cool with that. I'm not jealous. I want her to be happy and be in a relationship that she's looking for. I cannot guarantee a stable relationship to her...can't even offer that. But all the possibility of love there is, that's all I can give to her. I've felt this way (crazy about her) for about almost two weeks now.

I have started zoning out myself recently. Stepping back a bit. She has noticed it and she seemed to be upset about it. She thought that there was something she had done wrong and was sorry. I texted her that I had to step back a bit.

#5 Lora, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  6. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh no worries! Your feelings are just messing with your math. Hehe Just kidding with ya.

Anyway, 2 weeks eh? Hmmm. Is there any reason as to why your feelings just started to get really intense? Like a fight or misunderstanding with your husband, or have you been feeling low lately(aside from the obvious reason)?
    Or did she do something that fueled those feelings?

7. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No fights with my husband. And to be honest, my sex life with him is awesome.

She didn't do anything. We always hug each other but nothing sexual. I remember when I hadn't seen her for a week last month, and when we met again, I hugged her tightly and pecked her on her neck. We've known each other for a year but we really became close these past 4 months. Maybe, it's like a seed that has grown to a tree? My feelings for her have been there from the start but only came out now? I don't know. I really do not know.

8. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well yeah feelings are hard to explain. I'm no expert myself but I'm trying, ok?
    does your husband know about her and how you feel towards her?

If you feel strongly towards her, then maybe you could give her an explanation as to why you're taking some time to step back. You mentioned that she is also a bi, so I guess maybe she could at least see where you're coming from.

hmmm. You have the choice to confront it directly but at the same time going easy with it. (I have no idea how though, sorry)
    Is she also attracted to you? Or has she shown it in some ways?
    You can give it time, maybe your husband could also help you if you're open with him, or not.
    At sime point you may have to lay your cards to her if you confirm she likes you back. If she continues with her unresponsiveness, then maybe you could gently uncover the factors that pulls her back. (Again, I don't know how) :frowning2:

I hope I make sense. I hope others could help you more too. Give you more choices and all.

9. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nah. I don't want to involve my husband to what I'm going through. I'm open to him but it doesn't mean that I have to involve him. He would probably be alarmed because he might think that it will affect my role as a mum, and wife. So far, I'm very good at it and I know how to handle my emotions so that I cannot compromise my family affairs. My husband knows her as one of my friends. He knows that one day if time comes that I have to go all the way (romance and sex) with a woman, I will come and talk to him first so that he's aware. He's pretty cool with it. He just needs to be informed. It's called respect.

I have no plans on what to do. Maybe, I will just wait and see how things develop. But for now, I think the best way is to step back a bit. For my own hearts' sake and for our friendship. It's a bit difficult since we are workmates. Thankfully, I managed to arrange some days at work that we are not at the same department. At least I have 2 weeks working without her at the same department. It'll be very awkward, but I will try to act my normal self. My normal self with her is actually very friendly and lots of hugs here and there. That's why when all of these gestures receded, she couldn't help but to notice that they're gone. I'll keep this updated from time to time. I hope I won't mess up our friendship. Thanks Hushhh.

10. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,
    Well you're right, you don't have to involve your husband, I wouldn't too.
    But if it ever comes to a point when you go all the way, you already know you have to inform him.

Yeah taking the time might let things cool down a bit...or not?
    Well just keep me posted here, would love to hear how things unfold for both of you. :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

Hushhh

11. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not have any clue if she's attracted to me because we're always sweet to each other. It's hard to know what's in her mind.

12. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Then you're screwed.

But kidding aside, it must be really difficult to badly want to know what's on her mind.
    Is she not interested? Confused or in doubt maybe? Maybe just waiting for you to make more move before she responds(you said you're always sweet to each other)?What does she think about you and her in general, and getting it on and so on. Oh man...

One question, uhm had there been many instances where she flirted with you? Or is that what you mean by being sweet with each other? Can you expound?

13. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am screwed. I know that! Hahaha!

I do not know what's going on. I do not believe that she ever flirted on me. By the way, I forgot to say that she just came into terms about her sexuality 5 months ago. She had 3 years long term relationship with her then-bestfriend years ago. She's not confused. She said that she's sure that she wanted both woman and man. She's 50/50. She said that she could consider marrying a woman. She said all of these but she was still hoping to find a man whom she could build a conventional family. She's not out to all and family isn't happy with her sexuality. I was her confidant during the time when she's into turmoil because of her family. I cheered her up. I gave her extra attention and had been there to make sure that she wouldn't do something stupid (like suicide which I found out later on that she did back in college due to some other problems). She was lousy and lazy in replying texts but because I saw her in distress, I decided to stay with her as a friend. She decided to come out to me because she thought I was openminded. She later on learned that I am bisexual too.

14. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hy u,

Has she made further effort to contact you?
    I bet she is also confused why you're taking a step back, no matter if she has no idea, has idea, or think she has an idea of the reason why.

15. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, she has not contacted me. She was confused but she resigned on the thought that I was tired of her as being her friend and said that she understood. I told her stuff like I got her back and if she really needs help and nobody's around to be there for her, I'll be there for her. That's our last convo. That was Tuesday this week. Honestly, I don't think she's got a thing on me. Or maybe she is very good at hiding it. Anyway, I don't want to assume or hope so I'll just think that she's not into me. Besides, all I want atm is to cool off my burning desire. Calm my heart for a bit so that I can be normal again to face her.

16. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're right. Hah, what part of not being reciprocated didn't I get. Sorry, just wanted to ask if maybe you missed something. Bcs sometimes if we don't get the response we expect, and miss out in some small details.

17. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I am assuming that she doesn't feel the same way. Looking back, I was always the first one to msg her. First one to initiate to go out and do something. I had been giving her extra attention. I would give her gifts even without any occasion. She always said thank you and how lucky she was to have me as her friend. I can't see any red flags to show me that she's attracted on me. Sucks!

18. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oi, I know it's not easy but don't overthink it. :wink:
    (No idea how you could do that though)

So what have you been up to? Ya know, to take your mind off your current sucky sucky situation?
    Or what are you planning to do?