1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I having bad luck?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Oct 7, 2016.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey people,

I was wondering if anybody could offer some insight as to why I am having bad luck dating... Please allow me to explain.

So far, since going off to college, on that one app that shall remain unnamed, I have been offered hookups and stuff like that on a daily basis. Hell, I even got offered money. And I'm not talking like just a few dollars.

Of course I didn't accept. I'm not at a point financially where I need to do so, yet... And I hope I don't. But it's worth noting I don't judge anybody for doing what they need to do.

ANYWAY.

First person I met, cute, we shared a lot of interests. we chatted for a good while. Then, he says he doesn't want a relationship because he's still hung up on a crush on a straight guy, and doesn't see that as right to me. I say, okay we can be friends. We meet, chat, do homework together. I wished him a happy birthday that weekend, which was a few days before mine. He says thanks. Nothing else. Not one word. Not a happy birthday, not a how are you doing.

Next person, cute, we met up, at this point I felt starved for any affection. Like just in general affection, hugs, cuddling, whatever.
    My judgment lapsed somewhat, and he gave me hickeys. 3. I had to go buy makeup and embarrass myself checking out when a girl I've seen around campus who was standing next to me looking at nail polish offers to help. Her boyfriend standing beside her. They both help me pick out a concealer that matches my skin tone better, and a color wheel to counter the purple from the bruises.

Now, the most recent guy.
    Cute, muscular, former military, served active duty in the army, 23. We chatted for a while, we went on a date that actually went really well. He bought me Chipotle and we talked for a while. He walked me back to my dorm and we hugged goodbye.
    Now you see. This is where I made my mistake. Since the date went well I was maybe getting my hopes up a bit.
    Today we went on a walk around campus, we talked. Well, he did most of the talking. Literally. About topics I couldn't really contribute to the conversation on. The moments when the topic WAS somewhere I could engage, the topic would change before I could get a word in. Then we sat on a bench outside my residence hall and talked for a while. Again he did the majority of the talking Only at this point, I was able to talk more for some reason.
    But then he does something, after a minute, he comments on how some girl was dressed as she walked by. Saying she was dressed like a prostitute ready to stand on a corner. "I mean it's college and you can dress how you want but..."
    Now I didn't see her. Even if I did I wouldn't care, you do you. But I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that. For this guy, if there is a 3rd date, it's outcome will determine whether or not I am open to being in a romantic relationship, or just friends.

Can somebody please enlighten me as to why i am having bad luck? Like seriously.
    I don't get it, I've been told I have a warm personality and I am easy to talk to.
    And I hate to sound conceited, I really do, because I hate acknowledging it.. but I am cute, at least I've been told that. I'm short, have a very slim build, a physique that as far as I'm aware, many guys find attractive.

Can somebody please enlighten me as to why I am having bad luck? Like, relationship wise, I want something between long term/very serious and friends with benefits. I want a boyfriend, that maybe, perhaps in time, could grow.
    But if I am going to be honest, I am also lonely and crave some kind of attention, that's putting it a little lightly. Hence why my judgement and mental blocks kinda lapsed with guy #2. But Since that did happen, i feel I can hold myself together, it served as a reality check. It's not like I'm so eager for attention that I'm willing at any time. I just feel like. I don't know, it's difficult to describe. I feel lonely, I guess.

2. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Did you only just started dating? It seems like you are either naive about dating or have very high and optimistic expectations. I wouldn't call the above three cases to be of "bad luck" at all. In the first case, he had the courtesy to give you a heads up and you guys just met up as friends. I don't know what was wrong with the second case, as you don't mention anything but the hickeys. In the third case, the conversation just didn't flow very well and he made one comment that bugged you a little. These things happen all the time in any type of relationships, and that's part of life. The good news is, you shouldn't feel like you're condemned to bad luck. On the other hand, you might have to adjust your expectations when dating or making new friends. Building a connection with someone doesn't just happen immediately. You have to work for it, so take it easy and continue meeting new people.