1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating someone who loves you more

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Seagypsy, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Seagypsy

Would any of you date a person who loves you more than you love them??

I really fancy and love someone, but their love for me is even stronger, it's more like obsession than love, like a massive infatuation, I mean this person has put me on a pedestal like I am perfect... but I do really like them too, the question is should I date them when their feelings are stronger, or will this be "using" them??

I'm holding back because I don't know what's worse - not being there for them at all, or being there in the relationship but loving less intensely?

Or do all relationships have one person who loves more?

What do you guys think?

#1 Seagypsy, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't help but think of love stuck teenagers doing the whole "i love you more" back and forth thing.

Everyone loves a little differently than the next person. Kind of like some people are huggers and others aren't.

If you have feelings for them, why not give it a go. You might find your love for them grows to match.

3. robclem21

Like you have said, it is more likely infatuation than love. These types of feelings tend to subside as relationships grow and a more realistic, sustainable form of love grows. If you like them why not just go for it? If it doesn't work out you can just break up. That is pretty much how dating works. You don't need to start a relationship thinking you will marry the person. Sometimes just taking a chance and seeing what can come from it is beneficial. You may begin to love them more once you start dating who knows?

However, I would say its likely a bigger concern that once they realize you aren't 100% indestructible their feelings may change and you may end up being hurt. Just be careful because this type of love can often be very immature and a sign of other things like jealousy and controlling.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it helps to be honest about your discomfort and also honest to yourself about your limits.

5. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have a lot to add here except that I'd rather be in a situation where the other person loves me more than one where I love them more than they love me. Unrequited love is never fun. But the person who loves you more is in a very vulnerable position so try not to hurt them. That's the main issue I think.