1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated with room mate

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by geoseason, Oct 10, 2016.

1. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Threads 1&2:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...4806-does-he-like-me-supposedly-straight.html
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/family-friends-relationships/219489-confused-what-do-i-do.html

So this friendship of ours has continued, over summer when him and his fiancé broke up he quit speaking to me until he asked to move in & we moved in together in the same bedroom.

He still calls me babe, boo, sexy, etc. he's said "we'd make a great couple" and "no one can find out" we've cuddled a few times but he doesn't really reciprocate even tho it's his idea sometimes. He tells me to take off my clothes, and I catch him looking at my junk when I'm in my underwear and I've confronted him about it. We still grab each other's butts, etc. he almost showed me his thang once, pulling his towel down and saw the top lmaoo. My friends say they see him flirting.
    with me at parties.

I have kissed him on the cheek a lot of times - he acts like he doesn't like it but he doesn't stop me. Also he's wrestled me, and to where he basically humped me once and moans, I felit on my chest. I don't want sex with this guy (well I do but it's not where my intentions are)

We went to a concert with another friend who he'd been going with the past few years and said when he thought of the concert he thought of me - and we bonded a lot there, and he pulled me around by holding my wrist (it was a a wild concert). We've made plans to go to a basketball game close to where he is from and he wants me to stay at his house.

I've also told him that I like him several times and I don't appreciate the teasing. He still continues to do all of these things, like it doesn't change how he acts. He said he likes teasing me. But he takes it really far for someone who's just teasing. I'll quit reciprocation and he will mess with me 3-4 times before I do something back.

He's said "if I was gay I would date you" and he likes when I get mad if I think someone's flirting with him (like one of our guy friends we suspect said he was cute and I randomly bursted out and said don't call my man cute) and he smiled.
    I know he looks at me differently than my other friends but to what extent?!
    He insists he's straight and likes women. He always says "boobies" when he sees a pair.

I don't know what to do. Advice?!? I'm starting to think it was a bad idea to sign a 12 month lease with the guy - it crossed my mind before but I couldn't say no!

If you need anymore info let me know.

All the signs say he's possibly bi to gay and into me. I don't know if he's aware or not,

#1 geoseason, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm tired of this situation! Does anyone have any advice?

Last night he suggests we cuddle so I do, I lay on him then after I lay next to but he wouldn't allow me to really touch him other than our arms making contact & he didn't reciprocate. Later he said he didn't want me to cuddle but he is a jokester. (He's brought up cuddling numerous times and which we have!?)

We spoke about how leading someone on is shitty (bc we saw a tv show) and how it's dumb so I aasked why he does that to me and he said "it's different" I said how? And he didn't say anything else

#2 geoseason, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Crukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey geoseason!

I'm sorry that you're going through such a tough situation right now.

I think you need to give him an ultimatum. You need to set clear boundaries. Tell him very clearly that you do not enjoy the things that he does to you. Clearly state the feelings you have for him (considering it is safe for you to do so), and how him doing the things he does to you makes you feel. Tell him that you feel like he isn't respecting your feelings by continuing to do the things he does.

You need to have a serious discussion about where your relationship with him stands. If he is straight and has no interest in perusing a relationship with you, then you need to tell him how this affects you. He cannot keep flirting and playing with your feelings without realizing the repercussions; otherwise, things will keep going on as they have been.

Also, you need to take a stand and NOT reciprocate his flirting and teasing. By reciprocating, that only enables him and shows him that what he is doing is okay with you (when clearly it is not).

Hope that helps in some way! Good luck~

#3 Crukie, Oct 10, 2016
  4. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi crukie:slight_smile:

Thank you for your friendly advice! I think you're right, I will do as you say as hard as it may be to do so. It's in my best interest. I will restate my feelings to him and tell him I don't appreciate his teasing (I've said "I don't think it's funny messing with my feelings. And the depth of the convo isn't very deep).

I will try not to reciprocate and try to readjust my perspective as a friendship only.

Awesome dude!