1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about breaking up with my boyfriend, but...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RavenTheRat, Oct 10, 2016.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    *sigh*
    I feel like I need to break up with my boyfriend. He's really sweet, but we just have nothing in common whatsoever. So when we're together.... I talk, and he doesn't listen because he doesn't care, and he talks and I listen because I don't have any interest in what he's saying either. I feel like we're just a bad match. And his sense of humour is really, really dark, which bothers me a lot. And he picks fights, which is not good for either of us because it stresses me out that he might get punched in the face one day, and it stresses him out because I get overprotective to KEEP him from getting into a fight. It's not good for my already suffering mental health, and I doubt it's good for his either.
    I've seriously mulled over breaking up with him so many times, but I've never done it because I don't want to hurt him. Mainly because.... I already broke up with him once, when I was really really confused about my sexuality. Then I was the one who asked to get back together, so I feel like I don't.... have a right to end the relationship.
    In essence, I feel like an ass.

It's just.... deep down I know that this relationship can never last beyond high school. Or even this year. Plus, every time we kind of get mad at each other, I literally pray he'll break up with me, so i'm pretty sure that's a sign.

So I know the right thing to do is break up with him now and not lead him on, but... I just feel so guilty about it. I feel like a total asshole.

I just don't know. What should I do? And if I do break up with him... what should I tell him? I'm just lost.

#1 RavenTheRat, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my opinion...I believe that one of the worst things in the world is to be in a relationship with someone where you have nothing in common with them and just for the sake of not wanting to hurt them...you stay in that relationship. I just feel that you both are hurting because from what you have described...there is nothing there to continue with what you have. So...my suggestion if you want it would be to have an honest conversation with him and just lay your cards on the table so to speak and if he's just as honest...he will agree with your feelings. Furthermore, if there is any kind of care between you guys...I can see you establishing a friendship in the future. Why would you two want to make yourselves miserable staying in a relationship where you both are not getting much out of it???? Just saying...just my opinion...