1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So there's this girl..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ashuhley88, Oct 10, 2016.

1. ashuhley88

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm going to try and keep this as short as I can. There's a girl at work that I have liked for months, but she kept saying she didn't want to date coworkers. I have yet to tell her I like her, but I go out of my way to talk to her every day. We've hung out in a group setting a couple times outside of work, and I've invited her to a few things (a party, and she did some work for a family member's wedding). Other than that we haven't hung out. We text a little bit, but she only responds about half the time, and rarely texts me. We don't share the same work schedule so I'm off when she works and vice versa. Now I've always held back on asking her out/telling her that I like her, because she has said multiple times that she doesn't want to date coworkers. Today, she casually tells me she met a guy that she really likes. I felt like I got punched in the chest. I don't feel like I should be jealous, but I am. I really like her, but this makes me think that I have been right this whole time, that she never really saw me that way. I don't know what to do. I'm horrible at the whole dating thing. Half the time I can't tell if a girl is flirting or not. I can't read people at all. All I know is that I like her, but I don't know what to do. :help:

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like that she is not interested unfortunately. I know what it is like to have a crush on a coworker. It also sounds like she could be a better friend, if she doesn't text back half the time, then she isn't really a good friend to you.

I'm not sure if she's straight or bi, but she is not worth pursuing. And it's normal to be jealous, trust me, we've all been there.

I would focus on being interested in someone else, that's the best way to get over a crush.

Best of luck to you! :slight_smile:

3. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agree. Move on. It sucks but while it's early, cut it off. It doesn't matter of she's bi, gay or straight. If she's not into you, she's not.

4. ashuhley88

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even though she invited me out to a football event, and has talked about going out for drinks? Just the two of us. There have also been a couple times where we stood around and talked after work for hours. There was one night we talked for 4 hours straight. A couple times it was 2 hours or so. I'll end up talking to her for way longer than I planned almost every time I go to talk to her.

5. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah shes not interested in you, I'm sorry to say. Think about it, she wouldnt be saying that she was interested in this guy if she was really interested in you would she? Also she's telling you shes not interested in workmates and doesnt phone you back!.
    I'd be moving on now and leave her to this new fella.Theres other women out there who will want to date you.

#5 Poppy43, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  6. ashuhley88

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah, I'm pretty much ready to give on the whole dating thing. This was the first girl in a long time that I've liked, and thought I stood a chance with. I don't understand women, and I am one. I'm tired of not being good enough.

7. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, don't think of not being good enough. Stay positive. By the way, does she know that you're not straight? Do you give hints to her that you like her or attracted to her? Does she give you hints that she's into you? Take note: girls could talk for hours and spend time with each other for a loooooong time but it could mean only friendship. Signals that you have to look for is if she's giving you extra attention, she's fast in replying to your messages, she's keen to see you ANY TIME of the day, she's extra sweet to you like more physical contact, and she's telling more and more that she's missing you. These are some of the signals. I'm sure there are more. If none of these are happening, forget it. Especially if she's not communicating to you in consistents, fast, and in regular basis. Forget it.