1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't feel good enough for my boyfriend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dopplershift94, Oct 10, 2016.

1. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, the guy that I've been posting about on EC that I wasn't sure liked me, finally hinted that he liked me, and we started dating a few days ago.

He's super nice, and super attractive. He is outgoing and social. I'm also an extrovert, so it works out well.

But, I've been chasing after him for awhile, and never picked up any interest in him, and started to doubt that he liked me back. I kinda thought he was out of my league anyway. But suddenly, he made a move.

It's weird because, he's been asked out by like 15 other people over the last 2 months, all of which he has declined. I'm shocked that out of all of the people who asked him out, he chose me. And I feel like, for some reason, that I'm not good enough for him. He told me that I shouldn't feel that way, but its hard.

Is this normal, and how do I overcome it?

2. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not unusual to feel that someone, especially you've been to for long. In mind you focused everything amazing about him every negative about you. Now you know you are "good enough" for him but it takes time to change the way you feel. Remember he probably hasn't spent all that time thinking up a list of reasons to not date you so there's no point in telling him your list, if that makes sense. Try and put these thoughts behind you and focus on the future of your relationship.

Whatever you do, don't try and change yourself or act in a way that you think will make you "good enough". This guy has clearly chosen you amongst all those others because he saw who you really are and liked it.

Stay honest and happy and you can't go wrong.