1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not ''gay'' enough?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by A Republican, Oct 11, 2016.

1. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A lot of the guys who are gay don't seem to be comfortable around me or interested in me and recently a friend who is also gay said that he initially felt that way because I was ''very straight-looking'' (although I don't really agree with that) and because of my masculine voice and body. He suggested shaving body hair but I'm not sure if that's going to change anything. I was also told to choose clothing which was more stylish.

I've been on a few dating sites and mostly it's only older guys who contact me even though they're old enough to be my dad or even above that. Then again I like twinks but they don't seem to be into me even if we're the same age.

I'd like to add that I'm scale 6 on the Kinsey scale. I'm definitely 100% gay -__-
    Any advice? :help:

#1 A Republican, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. robclem21

You don't need to change who you are. There are people everywhere with preferences for all body types and personalities. Just be patient and you will find someone who will want to be with you for who you are. I know its frustrating and tempting, but just hang in there. Perhaps try looking somewhere that isn't a dating site?

3. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with the above poster. Be who you are naturally, it's easier that way. Once you begin changing things about yourself soon you'll find that you're not being authentic (I mean there's exceptions, but be happy being you and embrace yourself) from experience I went down a path of trying to fit in to seem more gay. But that just brought on a lot of new things about me that weren't true to me, and now I'm finding myself. I'm happier embracing my natural self