1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paid for foot massage?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by geoseason, Oct 13, 2016.

1. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A guy on ****** who i find creepy slightly and not all there (I don't know I think he's desperate and horny) who's messaged me thousands of times before and I always block him.

He's offered me $60 to rub and tickle my feet for 30 mins. I've made the guidelines clear that that would be the extent of it. And he wants it to be a weekly thing.

What are your opinions?! Would you do it??

I wouldn't mind having my feet rubbed AND be paid for it. Like it seems too easy.

#1 geoseason, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  2. Rainbows~Exist

If you find him "Creepy and not all there," then no. What if he starts asking for more and gets angry when you refuse? Something could go wrong, especially if he comes across as a bit mad...

3. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've told him everything - no friendship or relationship of any kind. I will show up give me the money, foot massage, and I'll leave.

4. Rainbows~Exist

Is he older and/or stronger looking than you? You need to be careful with these things.

5. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm also a lot bigger than him

---------- Post added 13th Oct 2016 at 08:53 AM ----------

He's about my age. I told him my roomie is a police officer. I'm also gonna bring a knife in case

---------- Post added 13th Oct 2016 at 08:53 AM ----------

He seems innocent tbh but you never know

6. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Bigger as in I'm a lot taller and I work out. I'm not muscular but yea. He's short and not much fat on him, tiny and maybe toned

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you've already made your decision, as you aren't really listening to the input being shared here so... in that case, why ask?

But I'll assume that isn't totally the case, and give you another perspective:

The guy you're talking to has a foot fetish. And the question to ask yourself is, how do you feel about being used and treated as a sexual object? The guy may be masturbating while rubbing your feet, and if he isn't at that moment, he definitely will be later on while thinking about what he was doing to you.

In essence, what you're engaging in, even though it's not blatantly sexual in the way that most people would think about it, is prostitution. I don't intend for that to come off in a judgmental way, but I do think it's important to think about it in that context. And the issue often is, people get pulled into doing something like this once, because they think it's easy money (which it is)... and can find themselves, over time, rationalizing their behavior because it is easy money.

Now... some people can do this sort of stuff (whether it's simply foot tickling, or more conventional forms of sex work) and be totally OK with it. And many others find themselves feeling really dirty and gross and disgusted with themselves afterwards.

So I think the main thing to really consider here is not just the easy $60, but how you'll feel later on, having this guy use you as his masturbation fantasies. If that's OK with you, and you are absolutely confident that you're completely immune to influences and grooming behaviors (these guys are really good at what they do), then it's something you could consider.

If you are at all uncomfortable about being seen as some older creey guy's masturbation fantasy, it would probably be a better idea to turn this down.

8. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You make good points however your first paragraph is insulting and you do not know my perspective on this obviously I'm conflicted or I wouldn't asking at all. So that is why I'm asking. I'm reluctantly taking into consideration everything you said despite your condescending tone. And honestly it doesn't creep me out - he's in his twenties like myself, with a bachelors degree now that I've found out. But the idea is still weird to me. I don't know if I'll regret it - in a week from now, in a year from now. However you live and you learn.

Thank you for your time.

9. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Christ, no, I wouldn't.

Obviously do what you will but if he keeps messaging you even though you've blocked him several times? Never a good sign.

10. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It really depends on your stance on sex work, how desperate you are for quick cash, and how much risk in general you are willing to take. I would not do this with someone creepy who keeps on messaging you. He sounds incredibly desperate and desperate people can do dangerous things. I do agree with Chip that you seem like you've made your mind up, but still don't feel comfortable about your decision. If I were you, at the end of the day I will think really hard about whether 60$ is really worth the risk. You will be letting this person in your life. Do you really want to do that?

11. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my opinion...I just feel that from what you've mentioned about this guy...for me...the first sentence that you wrote already signified "red flags" for me when you stated he seemed kind of creepy and somewhat out there. Therefore, with that being said...I personally would not go for it especially if he's giving you this kind of impression already. That's my feeling and opinion about your situation...however, whatever path you take on this...be careful and I hope the outcome if you decide to meet with him turns out for the best.

12. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My mind wasn't made up. As y'all have helped convince me I don't want to do this. End of story

13. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try not to get so upset over the advice. You could have decided without asking on a public forum. Sometimes the advice you get may not be what you want, which depends a lot on attitude. Remember, we can't make you do anything, so you still have a free will based on your comfort level.

14. robclem21

I agree with everyone and I don't think there is any need to get defensive bud. The fact that you asked everyone for advice means at least on some level you knew that this might not be a great idea. Even though you may have initially been leaning toward doing it, when you ask for advice, sometimes you get the advice you don't like/don't want to hear. This is okay.

Nobody here is judging you, because there are times we have all done things that would probably make others turn their heads a bit. However, sometimes from the outside, people can be a bit more objective which makes it easier to see some of the risks that maybe you were initially overlooking.

Like resu said, nobody here can force you to do anything, but I am glad to hear you have decided to skip this opportunity. There are better ways to make 60 bucks.

15. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I take full responsibility for my behavior - I acted in such a way because I felt insulted. I apologize if I come off as defensive, arrogant etc and that isn't who I truly am.

I appreciate the feedback you all have gave - as that isn't what has caused me to be defensive (tho I may offer a rebuttals offering my opinion). I must have been looking for validation of my opinion when I posted this. However you guys have influenced me not to go through with this as it has opened my eyes.

16. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you're seeing the input you're getting in the light in which it's intended. The last thing I wanted to do was come across as condescending, so I'm sorry it came out that way.

This is a delicate issue and some people are totally OK with doing sex work, and shouldn't be judged for it. I think, though, that a lot of people don't really consider the intent of the other person... which often ends up making them feel shitty afterward. And when someone does bring that up, it's easy for that to trigger shame in us. Maybe we feel dumb for asking, or like we should have been able to figure it out, or judged. But the intent here isn't to do any of those, but simply to provide things for you to think about.

I'm glad you've made a decision you're comfortable with and I'm also glad that the input you received was helpful. I hope this experience won't discourage you from asking about other difficult issues that arise for you in the future.