1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorority and College Struggles

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hptrek314, Oct 16, 2016.

1. hptrek314

So, over the past two years of college, my entire friend group has consisted entirely of my independent sorority which has around only 20 girls. Sometimes I feel like i'm nothing to them. They treat me like i'm some ignorant person they can boss around, and they find all my interests like Hamilton and Harry Potter as something to poke fun at instead of being friends and celebrating the fact that I have interests in things. When I came out to them this past February over a drunk game of "never have I ever", two girls didn't approve and the rest of the sorority seemed annoyed by my coming out instead of showing any positive vibes. I felt embarrassed for coming out to them, but I did it because they're my "friends" and I thought they'd be more accepting.

This semester i've been trying to stay positive, but i'm honestly just falling back in to a depression. The only friend group i've made my first two years of college aren't real friends, and they don't care about what I have to say. I just feel like i've wasted my college experience on these people who will never accept me, and now i'm here lonely and depressed trying to think positive vibes and struggling.

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suppose the first thing you could do is look for an LGBTQ group on campus. Or for that matter maybe a sorority with less spoiled brats... Sorry not a fan of either sororities or fraternities.

I'm not sure how big the college you attend is, but there are probably groups dedicated to the things you like and enjoy. Those are the kinds of places you should look for friends at.