1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealousy and other things, I guess

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tetramorium, Oct 17, 2016.

1. tetramorium

So thing is, I have a girlfriend, which is awesome, and we don't have to talk about that, do we. She's a lot like me, and just like me, not the typical girly girl. Now. I don't know if she feels the same, we've never discussed it, but I can be very competitive about the weirdest things, so while I do love her, sometimes I just want to be her, you know. She's so much cooler than me, in a lot of ways. She's just a cooler person altogether. And she has some guy friends, which I'm totally okay about, but I want to be her friend as well, I want to be a cooler friend than them.

And now I'm exaggerating a lot, but it's so incredibly difficult to put words on this, so being bold seemed like the way to go. I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone else feel like they have to be the best, the funniest, the smartest, all the time? Like...I know she didn't choose to be my girlfriend because I'm good at playing guitar, because I'm not really that good, but I wish I were, and I know she doesn't love me because I'm like her friends, because I'm really not quite like them. But sometimes I feel like those are the reasons, and I need to get better, but I can't do that, I just can't, that's not how it works.

And it doesn't help that they get to see her every day, while I'm a thousand miles away.