1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm crushing on my friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nordland, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So recently I've begun talking to a guy in my class who I would say before I started talking to him extensively he was more of an acquaintance than a person I liked. It turns out we have so much in common and I chatted with him for the rest of the lesson and after school on snapchat till about midnight. Turns out he's questioning his sexuality. Over the week or so that I have known him properly I've developed a crush on him. Most of my crushes beforehand have been appearance based, this one was both personality and appearance based. I really want to ask him out but he is just questioning at the moment, should I wait till he is more at rest with his sexuality?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Awkward32,

I would say that it depends on your expectations. If you would be satisfied with just making a friend, you could work on that. You could let him know that you are willing to be there if he wants to talk to you about his journey to understand his sexuality. It could very well be that you could support him on that journey – that could be rewarding for both of you in its own way. If he turns out to be straight, you should have still made a good friend. If he turns out to be bi or gay, there is no guarantee that he will return your feelings, of course, but at least then there would be the possibility that he may want to explore a bf relationship with you.

In any event, don't you think it would be best to keep your crush on him to yourself while he is still dealing with his sexuality? That would definitely mean not asking him out on a date, but that doesn't mean that two friends can't hand out together and get to know each other. In the longrun, if the two of you have a shot a real relationship, you would need to be compatible, wouldn't you say? Working on a friendship with him could allow you to explore your mutual compatibility without the pressure of a romantic relationship.

Just some thoughts.

Take Care. Stay strong and proud.:slight_smile:

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think if you like him a lot and are getting positive vibes from him then it should be ok to ask him out :slight_smile:

You can also opt to get to know him better and be a bit flirty or something for a while first.