1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused.What should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChrisCao, Oct 19, 2016.

1. ChrisCao

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad to meet you guys who are similar to me through the Internet!Thanks to EC!

I'm a 16-year old girl from China.I found I wasn't interested in males at a very young age when I was about 10.But at that time I didn't realize I would be interested in females.When I was 14,I was a little interested in my best female friend.But our relationship has been dropping since we graduated from the school.Now I'm in another high school,I met new classmates.6 months ago,I met a girl who is my classmate.At first,she sat near me.Later,she asked me to be her desk mate.I agreed.But since then,I've been in love with her.It's the first time that I love someone so deeply.I think the most important reason is that she told me something about her family.I think she's under a poor situation.Though she's weak and thin,she's still strong willed.Maybe I was moved by her.I just wanna do something for her,I'd like to be her shelter.

She doesn't know that I love her.But sometimes she behaves strangely.It makes me confused.My friends told me that,"some of her behaviors only show you".She has other friends and she met them before me.I think the friendship between them is stronger
    than that between she and me.

In China,people are usually very traditional,most of them can't accept something out of their minds. So I dare not to tell too many people about it.Just my friends know about it.They are supporting me.

What should I do?I will appreciate it if you give me any advice!:icon_wink

2. Rachelmk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's important you continue to get to know her and become better friends with her. It's difficult to initiate your first LGBT relationship or act on those feelings, especially in a traditional setting such as yours. If you continue to befriend her and work on your friendship, you'll become more comfortable around her and that will help your intense infatuation. Good luck!

3. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

Take it easy and keep being yourself :slight_smile:

Do you know if your new friend likes girls? Do you know if she would be supportive of you being a lesbian if she knew? Maybe you can get a better sense of stuff like this before you let her know you like her, then maybe if things go well you can find ways to talk to her more about your feelings :wink:

Are you thinking of going to college or university? Is that an option for you?

If so, i highly recommend it. In many countries, higher education leads to more englightenment and open minded people - its often better to be gay there, even just in the communities around them.

Also, sometimes professional expertise / degrees can create opportunity to move to places you might prefer to live, where it might be easier to be gay.

Take care!!! :slight_smile: Enjoy yourself!! :slight_smile:

4. ChrisCao

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you.Thanks for understanding me in a traditional setting!Best wishes!:icon_bigg

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2016 at 05:36 PM ----------

Yes!I want to go to university.But moving to another country is quite difficult.I don't even know how to do that...Could you tell me more about it?.Thanks!

5. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

Hey :slight_smile:

Well actually i don't know to much about moving to another country either. I'm sorry if i said it in a way that confused you, but i was trying to say, i don't know your country, but in a lot of countries higher education, colleges and universities leads to more open minded people...

But you may also, including pursuing university, consider another country - I don't know.

I _do_ know that having opportunities like an advanced education degree can help open up with doors like that.

Actually that reminds of someone I knew who moved to China (he was straight)

It really can be difficult to move to another country. My friend taught me that a lot of countries want you to have something to offer - like skills for a job that is in demand in the country.

Some countries are more open to people immigrating than others. Usually you need permission to visit, like a visa or something, and then different countries have different rules about how long you can stay, when you can and cannot work, and also whether or not you can live there permanently , or even become a citizen...

I do know that there are often student exchange programs, where students, especially university students, can go to another country for 1 of their school years, and stuff like that...

There are also times when students go to a school in another country for their entire educational progam, all 4 years or so

I don't know too much about it

I do know a friend of mine from Germany came to school in the US and wanted to go to a school in Ames, Iowa. I think she said there were several thousand international students there. I think it was Iowa State

I know student visas are different from other visas

i remember i knew some international students who told me their student visa allowed them to work jobs only on campus for their college

I also remember a friend of mine from Turkey came over for some classes and wanted to stay. He tried to get a job at a Turkish bank here - he told me if he could get a job here, that the employer would be able to help him try to get a visa to work in the country. He said without an employer, just on his own, it would be much harder

Take care! :slight_smile: University sounds great! :slight_smile:

6. ChrisCao

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks!:icon_bigg